seven ; what is left?

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter sevenwhat is left?

chapter seven ━ what is left?

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ oh but it is always a game ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

TURNS OUT SKYLAR wasn't the only one crying that night. Barbara had a rough night, tossing and turning. It didn't seem like she was going to be getting any sleep that night. Skylar had finally cried herself to sleep when her mother came in. Her eyes were bloodshot, tears soaking her pajama top. She had pulled Skylar close to her chest, awakening the girl. Barbara shushed her and smoothed Skylar's hair down in a comforting manner. The two fell asleep side by side.

Jim didn't come home until early that morning around four o'clock. By that time, both the girls were awake since neither could sleep very well. They had sat in the living room by the fire, Barbara reading in a soft voice to her daughter. He saw the scene and sighed with a sad look. Jim forced himself to give them some space and went upstairs to sleep.

In the year Skylar was raised by the engaged couple, she was distant from them. Barbara was always there, as was Jim. But she couldn't help but think that her mother cared more than her dad did. While he did give her advice and talked to her for hours, Barbara listened and waited until Skylar was done to give her opinion. Jim didn't. That was just how he was and she wasn't asking him to change. It was just a fact.

Barbara truly loved Jim and it was hard to ignore. They hardly ever fought, but after they moved to Gotham, something changed. Secrets were revealed and lies were planted. The blonde had decided to tell her daughter about her past relationship with Montoya. Rather than being upset, Skylar nodded and said she understood.

This fight was the longest yet. Skylar didn't want to pry. But Barbara had talked with Jim and he promised to tell her everything. And that was that. For days on end, Skylar had been trapped inside of the loft with her mom with nothing to do. Going with Jim to the station wasn't an option anymore. The city was too dangerous.

Skylar thought things couldn't get any worse. But when Barbara told her she talked to Montoya about Jim, the color from her face had drained. Jim was going to be arrested for the murder of Oswald Cobblepot. Her mother had ran around the loft, grabbing anything she thought they would need and stuffed them inside of a suitcase.

Jim arrived and saw Barbara's suitcase in the dining room doorway. He raised an eyebrow and watched his fiancee and daughter appear from that room. "What's going on?"

Barbara placed a hand on Skylar's shoulder with a desperate look aimed at him. "Jim, look. I don't know everything, but I know enough. You have to listen to me now."