thirty-one ; the kids are coming

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter thirty-onethe kids are coming

chapter thirty-one ━ the kids are coming

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ for you ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

THERAPY WAS AN extremely uncomfortable and unsettling thing to go through. Especially when the one person reaching out is none other than the woman who broke apart your family. Perhaps Lee was being genuine, truly wanting to help them through the tragedy they lived through weeks ago. Skylar had moved on from the kidnapping portion, the murder of Theo Galavan the only thing lingering from the incident. Bruce had vanished, going off on some vacation to another country without so much as saying goodbye or giving a heads up. So both of them were doing perfectly fine, but it seemed as though Alfred was keen on getting Bruce to open up about the incident, which in turn caused Skylar to get involved since she had been there as well.

It was awkward, more for her than anyone else in the room. Her eyes focused on everything but Leslie Thompkins. The worst part was, there was a tenseness between herself and Bruce, the said boy continuously glancing her way, silently wishing they could talk privately. She could tell that is what he wanted, but from the looks of it, Lee was not leaving until she got some information out of them. The doctor sure as hell wasn't getting anything truthful out of her. And maybe she knew that because she stayed a distance away.

Skylar sat on the armrest on the couch that was across from where Bruce sat with Lee, the two engaging in a rather normal conversation, nothing interesting popping up or appearing, leaving her to listen awaiting her turn. For the most part, she tuned their talking out, dazing off, her thoughts trailing.

Arkham Asylum was already a terrifying place and sleeping there was even worse. She was lucky that the hospital wing Barbara was placed in was far away from the inmates, giving her peace and quiet besides the occasional doctor passing by the room or coming in to grab some supplies. But things had shifted, something was different. More people were coming in, checking up on her mom when they never had before. One woman, in particular, had become a familiar face. Ms. Peabody, Strange's assistant.

Never had she met the female before, seen her pass by before sure, but never had a conversation with her. Skylar got a bad feeling every single time she saw her walk in. Something was off about her. It was almost like she didn't trust her or was watching her. Suddenly Charlotte's offer was beginning to sound like a genuinely good idea. Because at least there she had fresh food, a clean shower, and a warm bed. Or at least, she hoped that's what it was like. Either way, whatever was occurring behind the walls of Arkham was starting to make her tense, wary.