twenty-seven ; faith, trust, and bruce wayne

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twenty-sevenfaith, trust, and bruce wayne

chapter twenty-seven ━ faith, trust, and bruce wayne

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ i was right ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

i decided to post the chapters whenever i feel like it, instead of sticking to every saturday until i run out of prewritten chapters

A PART OF her wanted to laugh and the other part wanted to slap him hard across the face so she could hear the sweet smacking sound, as well as see the red blooming on his skin. Skylar still did not know what to do or how to react to the news that was thrown at her suddenly. Her eyes blinked several times before she scoffed, swinging her legs over the side of the bed and stood up. He made a smart decision, stepping back to give her room, but his eyes still followed her as she made her way over to the mini-fridge nearby. Arkham's hospital wing may not be an ideal place for her, or anyone to stay, but she didn't want to be anywhere else. There was a door to a bathroom, the tiny refrigerator, the countless empty beds, and nasty windows. She grabbed a water bottle, opening the cap with her back facing him.

"Yeah and I'm the future wife of Bruce Wayne, nice to meet you." She got a sigh in reply at first, his eyes closing briefly as he rubbed his temple. He went to speak, opening his mouth to explain more to her, only to get water thrown in his face when she came back over and stood in front of her. She made a satisfied sound, putting the lid back on and sat back down on the bed.

He wiped his face casually with his jacket, clearing his throat before he looked at her. "Alright, I deserved that." That was a lie and she knew it, could hear it clear as day. There was no point in confronting him about it. "I'm telling the truth. Lila told me she had kids but I never believed her. I was convinced she was drunk and making stuff up."

"As ironic as it sounds, she only told the truth when she was drunk," Skylar replied, rolling her eyes before crossing her arms over her chest. "Say you are telling the truth. Why am I supposed to care? What difference does it make?"

Damon sat on the bed across from her. The way he spoke was different than what she was used to. He did not have a condescending tone or looked down at her like she was nothing but a child who knew nothing. No. He talked as if she were an adult, as if she held the same amount of wisdom he did. Odd. He claimed to be a part of the Cicero family and yet he was nothing like Paul.

"I never said you had to care. It does make a difference though." He scratched his chin which she realized was cleanly shaven. His entire appearance was clean now that she observed him completely. The clothes he wore were new looking, he smelt like he just showered with expensive shampoos, and there was not a single speck of dirt or dust on him. "I'm a cop, I work at the Brooklyn Police Department. I caught wind of Lila's murder. . .and what happened with Jerome."