eight ; lose one, gain one

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter eightlose one, gain one

chapter eight ━ lose one, gain one

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ everyone leaves though ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

BARBARA HAD FALLEN apart. Skylar didn't even know if the person right in front of her face was her mother. The blonde was quiet and just wasn't acting like herself. It was reasonable: her behavior. After all, they were kidnapped and she was hit by Victor. But what wasn't reasonable? Was that when Skylar made a small trip downstairs to talk to her mom, she found a letter sitting on the table.

Her mother had left

Skylar didn't cry, but she was a little bit upset that she didn't get a goodbye. That was the reason why Barbara leaving was unreasonable. After everything she'd done for Skylar, leaving without a goodbye was wrong. Even though they did go through some hard stuff, it did not mean that Barbara could just up and leave like that.

The teenage girl was left in the loft for hours, all alone. Skylar would've laughed if she had the energy because everyone in her life seemed to just disappear. And it seemed like Barbara was no exception. This meant that in time, Jim would leave too. Skylar would then be alone again.

Not too long after she'd settled in the living room, someone unlocked the door and entered. It didn't take much thinking to know it was Jim. However, when her dad called out for Barbara, another voice spoke. "Whoa. Sweet crib. You must be one rich cop."

It was Selina. The teenage girl stood up and went into the main room to see her dad and Selina Kyle. They both saw her and Jim looked concerned. "Skylar? Where's-"

"She left." His eyes went to the letter in her hands that was crinkled at the edges. "She needs time..."

Unfortunately, tears filled her eyes. Skylar fought against them and crossed her arms over her chest. Jim frowned and Selina spoke up from the awkward tension in the room. "Sounds like your girlfriend's not coming back, huh? Why's she worried about Falcone?"

Her words were rough and Skylar looked offended yet didn't say anything. But that was just Selina's personality; the street kid had a dry sense of sarcasm. In a way, it wasn't a bad thing. Skylar knew that the reason she did that was that it was easier to push people away from you if you acted as if you didn't care. Which was evidently what Selina wanted.

Jim denied an answer and then Selina came back with, "Do get to stay here?"

"No, I have someplace else in mind." There was a knock at the door and they all glanced over. "That's the sketch artist." Jim looked back at Selina. "I need you to describe the man who shot the Waynes."