twenty-six ; oh, so you want bond now?

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twenty-sixoh, so you want to bond now?

chapter twenty-six ━ oh, so you want to bond now?

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ mother-daughter bonding time! ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

NIGHTMARES WERE NOTHING but a recurring occurrence for her. Now that she was back to sleeping alone, they plagued her, laughed in her face, taunted her with the dreadful memories she constantly shoved out of her mind to at least get through the day. In the short amount of time Jerome was around, she slept next to him and managed to rest peacefully without disturbance. He was gone so she was left vulnerable. Barbara was usually the one to fight back against the monsters but she was gone too. Selina's presence as comforting yet not enough to help her much. So, she was left alone during the night, realizing that she hardly got any sleep at all. Perhaps she had insomnia; she honestly would not be surprised if she had developed that wonderful disorder. But if she did fall asleep, it did not last for long.

Oswald had busied himself to creating a plan for Galavan, researching in any way he could. Skylar decided to let him do his thing since she was exhausted from lack of sleep, keeping to herself which meant she would stay in her bedroom, messing around with that knife of hers and would train lightly, though she always fell asleep on the ground or another inconvenient place from pushing herself too hard.

There was a cook that made the meals every day for Oswald. Well. 'Was' being the keyword. Oswald had high-tailed it since Galavan was after him, leaving Skylar to crash with Selina again. Now all she did was lay in bed and do nothing while her best friend went on errands for most of the day. Cat was worried for her because all the female Valeska did all day was stay in bed like she was sick, even though that wasn't the case at all. She assumed that she was still grieving over Bridgit and Jerome both. That was partially true. Still, Selina had left every day to go steal and get them food.

That one morning was no different. Skylar was curled under the blankets they had, her head buried underneath the pillows, eyes shut as she breathed evenly. Sleep would not take her in, leaving her stranded. A frustrated sigh left her mouth as she gripped one of the pillows and moved to lay her head on top of it like a normal person, glaring up at the ceiling. Her phone, that was still being paid for by Jim ironically, started to ring, causing her to let out another irritated sound.

She reached over the bed while muttering a string of curse words, her eyes shut now, grasping the piece of technology and managed to hit the answer button with her eyes closed, pressing the phone to her ear. "Oswald, I swear, when I see your peaky-nosed ass again I'm going to kick it. You can't just leave-"