seventeen ; lies intertwine with guilt

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter seventeenlies intertwine with guilt

chapter seventeen ━ lies intertwine with guilt

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ i will see them again ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

thirty votes and thirty comments for the next chapter!

THIS WAS THE end of Gotham. Maybe not but it sure did feel like it. A gang war had struck between the two biggest crime bosses in the city: Falcone and Maroni. With Jerome stuck in Arkham and Barbara back in shut down mode, Skylar was with Selina. She hadn't seen Bruce in a bit but she had gone back to wondering if he really did care about her. Jim was too busy at the GCPD, taking care of the problem at hand to notice his daughter sneaking out of Lee's apartment. No way was she staying with her so she went to find Selina so she could stay on the streets for a while. After her moment with her brother at the asylum, Skylar caught Cat up with everything and surprisingly, she supported her and said that she hoped that the redhead would be out one day before it was too late.

Before night hit, the two females training some more. Skylar had gotten the jumping off of stairways and short building down, so now she moved onto her speed, whether it be if she was running from someone, trying to be quick in general, or fighting an opponent. Tracking she got down within a good six hours which is why she moved onto this topic next. However, the night had approached and blanketed them, forcing them to retreat back to the small fire some of the other kids set up.

Water lapped, echoing through her ears as Skylar ran her hand over the flames, her black attire rubbing against her skin and fitting around her body. Suddenly, wood creaked, drawing all of their attention's. A boat full of people rowed toward them with one person in a hood at the front. The small ship reached the shore and the people arrived. It was only that the teenage girl realized who it was. "Fish?"

The former crime boss smiled gently at her, the new electric blue eye winking at her. "Hello there Skylar. I knew you'd get out of your shell sooner or later." Selina sent the girl a confused look. "But good morning to you both."

"It ain't morning," Cat pointed out. Her eyes seemed to shine with curiosity because this woman looked powerful. And she somehow knew her friend.

Fish chuckled lightly. "Oh, it will be soon. A brand-new day." With that, she walked away to follow the rest of her people. Both girls watched and followed them until they could no longer see them. Skylar looked over at Selina who was already looking at her.

"Should I be worried?" her friend questioned.

The brunette Valeska shook her head with a small smile. "No. Fish is a friend." She turned her head back to where the citizens disappeared into a puff of smoke. "And something tells me she'll be back soon." Cat didn't ask any more questions after that because she trusted that the girl knew who trust and who not to trust.