thirty-six ; vixen

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter thirty-sixvixen

chapter thirty-six ━ vixen

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

if you haven't already, go follow my dc acc ( waynestodd ) which is where the rest of this series + the spinoffs will be posted

THE RATE AT which she endured more experiments was brutal. Once Strange realized that she was a success, he kept altering different parts of her, adding new details, and coming up with new ideas. She became his guinea pig. She became his most prized creation. Because unlike the other monsters he created, she could blend right in with normal civilians and no one would ever suspect that she was anything but human. Most of his experiments either went wrong or the person's physical appearance changed completely, making them look like the monsters that any child would be frightened of. Thankfully, she happened to be the exception and was lucky enough to look the same, though she would argue otherwise.

Every single time Skylar looked at the one-sided mirrors keeping her from seeing the people on the other side, observing her, the girl staring back at her was not the same girl that used to cry until she was numb. The girl staring back at her was a foreign creature, too beautiful to be real, too perfect to be real. Or perhaps, the reason why she thought she looked so different was because, for once in her life, she felt truly confident and powerful. She could do anything she wanted now, get anything she wanted. She had enough strength to take someone down, enough speed to outrun someone, and the intelligence to outsmart a genius.

Despite the fact that she was in Indian Hill for a couple of weeks, she still could not quite grasp certain aspects. For one, charming someone with her hypnotic voice was difficult, seeing as she never was good with words. Another thing she could not get a hold of was her heightened senses. One second she'd be fine but then suddenly a sound would blare through her ears and she'd clutch her head, fall to the ground, and scream until the sound stopped. Strange kept testing her, trying to train her to take control of her ability but it was impossible and he would end up getting frustrated.

Even though he would, he still was content with her progress and success so he ended up moving her to a nicer cell. It was certainly a decent size, with a mattress on the ground with a better sheet and pillow, lots of empty space for her to lounge around, and a tiny bookshelf in the corner which only had books about science. Skylar had no idea how she managed to stay content but she never really got bored. All she did all day was curl up on her bed or walk around the room, forgetting that the books were even there. Occasionally Strange would let her out, allowing her to roam the halls with two guards following behind her to make sure she behaved. She never tried escaping because she wasn't stupid.