thirty ; the aftermath of a sin

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter thirtythe aftermath of a sin

chapter thirty ━ the aftermath of a sin

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ i'm a monster ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

THERE WAS NO place for her to go. Wayne Manor was not an option after she just beat up Theo Galavan and watched him die right in front of her. Bruce could not see her like this, he could not see what she had done. Staying with Jim was never going to be an option again because of how much she detested being near him. Going to Arkham covered in blood never even crossed her mind. She knew there would be no explaining what happened. If anyone found out what they did, they would be ruined, destroyed. Jim promised her that no one was going to figure out the events of that night. He was the one that was questioned. And if he failed, Charlotte told them she would take care of it. No one was to know she and Skylar were involved. The guys would take the blame, that was the plan.

The guilt sank in hours later when she could not fall asleep, staring up at the ceiling of a warehouse she and Selina were crashing in. The blood was hard to get off her skin, using a cloth Charlotte had and water from the wide river that ran between the different islands that connected to create Gotham. What was harder was telling her best friend what happened. At first, retelling the tale was easy, and she showed no remorse. But when Selina gave her a concerned expression, suddenly everything crumbled.

Killing Galavan did not make the pain of losing Jerome better, it did not ease it one bit. She thought it did, until reality set in and she was left staring blankly, his begging ring in her head, plaguing her, not letting her go. It was as if she took his life instead of simply witnessing it. The very mindset had her spiraling, trying to wrap her head around the memory.

Finally, she reached the point where she screamed into her pillow while Selina was out getting them food, sobbing hard until that familiar, friendly feeling of utter numbness came crawling back to reunite with her. Her best friend returned to see her curled up on the mattress, eyes shut, cheeks red and dry with tears, the sheets carelessly thrown everywhere on the bed.

Why didn't it feel better? Why wasn't she better? Skylar did not understand why Galavan being dead brought her no joy. Though it did for approximately three hours, now she felt as if she committed the murder on her own and that Galavan was better off behind bars. Then again, he would have got right out and pursued Bruce, most likely succeeding in killing him this time. So, he was better off dead. Still, even with her mind telling her that, she felt unsettled, lost.

What was she supposed to do now? What was her purpose? The only thing left to do was wait for Barbara to wake up. But then what? She had no purpose, there was no point in her existence. She was better off dead. All she seemed to do was wander around and involve herself in situations she probably shouldn't be involving herself in. Sometimes she wondered what it would be like if she never existed.