twenty-four ; broken promises

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twenty-fourbroken promises

chapter twenty-four ━ broken promises

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ you said you would help her! ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

HER BLOOD WAS pumping quickly in her veins as she raced back to the rundown apartment, not even bothering to complain about the cramp that began in her side. Skylar just kept going, not stopping until she barged into the room, Selina jumping up from the bed with wide eyes. The brunette's mind was fuzzy, beyond furious, wanting to punch something badly, needing some sort of release. And the only thing that came to mind was punching the Pike brothers repeatedly.

"What happened?" her best friend asked in a concerned tone, watching as she went over to the vent, prying off the bars to reveal their stash of weapons. "Sky, what the hell happened? Is Bridget okay?" When she still got no answer, she stepped forward, grabbing her arm and pulled her to face her, her eyes softening.

"They took her," Skylar began, her right hand shaking as she couldn't even think properly. Only she could imagine the things that those guys would do to her. It made her sick, wishing Jerome was there to calm her down because he was the only person who really could. "Those assholes who have the nerve to call themselves her family. Her brothers."

Selina clenched her jaw, grabbing her own gun and also grabbed a knife, giving it to her to which she put it in her back pocket. "Then let's go save her from those goons." As she was loading their guns, she noticed Skylar freeze, hand snapping to the direction of where the door was, then she heard it too: the low sound of breathing. And the atmosphere changed, both of them sensing the uninvited presence.

They held their guns, aiming at the door as they waited. Suddenly Jim came busting through the doors with his own gun, pointing it at them. He saw them but his stance didn't change. "Hands in the air! Drop the gun."

"Like hell we will," Selina spoke firmly, scoffing as they didn't budge an inch.

"Where's your girlfriend?"

"Where's yours?" Skylar retorted, sneering with a nasty glare, making his gaze soften a bit. "You know, the one you left mom for. Granted Barbara hasn't been around very much but who cares, I seem to have a track record for shitty parents anyways." She didn't have a bullet in the chamber but the threat was enough.

Jim forced himself not to flinch, still seeing that same girl he adopted years ago. He told himself that that girl he knew was gone, replaced by whoever was standing before him. She changed so rapidly and there wasn't anything he did to stop it. "We got the three of you on tape."