twelve ; innocence vanished

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter twelveinnocence vanished

chapter twelve ━ innocence vanished

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ who are you really? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

THE WORLD HAD slowed. Or maybe time did. Did it slow down though? Skylar couldn't tell. Every breath she took was at an antagonizing pace. The walls had begun to encapture her. Had they moved though? With each passing second Skylar was away from her brother, time had seemed to hesitate. It was as if it wasn't sure whether to continue at its normal pace or not. Stupid, she scoffed to herself. The teenage girl had sat in her room for hours. Selina and Ivy had greeted her, her newfound friend happy to see her. Barbara was still upset from seeing Jim and Lee yet ecstatic to have her daughter back.

How naive was Skylar to think that Jerome wouldn't go to Arkarm? The redheaded brother of hers had murdered their mother in cold blood, chopping her body to pieces of an ax (he gladly admitted to it during his further interrogation). Jerome detailed how he did it and why, explaining how after years of hoping his sister would return, he finally decided to give his mother what she deserved. Everyone was unnerved at the GCPD. And the thought of how Skylar - his sister - was the adoptive daughter of Jim Gordon and how she was nothing like Jerome struck odd. And no one dared utter her name.

Edward Ngyma found himself missing her company. He had a few riddles tucked in his mind for her to solve when she came back. Skylar was the only one at the GCPD who actually seemed to enjoy his riddles. Kristen Kringle didn't care but the teenage girl did. And he admired that. Because while everyone saw him as odd, she did too though she treated him like anyone else. Skylar loved his riddles. Every time she was there, he would give her one. Edward had yet to stump her. It was a challenge. A game. He considered them friends even if she didn't. After all, the word was foreign to her until Bruce and Selina came along. Were they her friends though?

Fish Mooney had sat at her club, her pointed and painted nails aimed at the ceiling as she stared off into space, thinking about the young girl who had come in a few weeks ago. News traveled swiftly through Gotham about the relation between Skylar Gordon and Jerome Valeska. The discovery changed nothing for those who knew the girl personally. Fish had made a few of her men make sure no harm came to Skylar, the guilt of having her held hostage once ate away. So she sent a gift: flowers, a few pieces of clothing, and a note with an apology. And this was all before Fish was removed from Gotham because of Oswald Cobblepot.

Oswald Cobblepot was unsuccessfully running Fish's club. He thought back to the girl he had met when he visited Jim. Tense, cautious, afraid, and timid were only a few words to describe her. And now? He had heard that Skylar had progressively gotten more relaxed. But then, who hadn't heard about her adventures in the short time she'd lived in Gotham? He began to wonder if this girl became even more popular than she already was, would befriending her be a way to get himself up in the ranks? Would she even like him?