fifteen ; we're the three musketeers

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter fifteenwe're the three musketeers

chapter fifteen ━ we're the three musketeers

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ we help each other, always ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

SHE WASN'T EVEN sure how she was feeling. Every emotion was drained from her body and Skylar still managed to be mad at herself. Because all of her buildup, all of the strength and effort she put into making herself a stronger person fell apart. What if it was all for nothing? What if she was back to her place behind square one? Depressed Skylar had returned with full force and that left her laying on the couch. She managed to make her way from her bedroom to the living room. But now she didn't want to get up at all.

The blanket was clutched to her chest, her head resting on the pillow as her eyes remained wide and tired. She got a good amount of sleep surprisingly enough. Probably due to Selina being next to her, no doubt. And yet there she was. The time was unknown to her when the said girl entered the loft again from her trip back to the crime scene. She was about to walk up the stairs when she saw Skylar on the couch.

Letting out a sigh, she walked forward and went over. She stopped in front of her, snapping her fingers in front of her face. "Hey! Sky, come on, get up." The only response she got was silence. "Skylar!" She grabbed the covers and began to pull them. "No, you're not going to shut down on me. Skylar, I swear if you do not get up I'll-" The brunette looked up at her and Selina groaned, plopping down on the couch next to her legs. "The cops were there. He's dead." She looked over at Skylar. "Bruce wants our help to expose Bunderslaw. He needs us to steal the key to his safe. We should leave before your mom gets back."

"You go ahead," Skylar mumbled, digging further into the pillow. "I'll cover for you."

Selina shook her head. "Yeah, no." She stood up and grabbed the girl's arms, pulling her up to sit. "I'm not letting you throw everything I taught you away. So you're going to get your happy little butt up and we are going to steal this key for Bruce. You can sit here and mope all you want, but what would Jerome want you to do?"

Instantly, Skylar's attitude switched. She completely sat up, frowning with her nose scrunched up. "Fine. But only because you brought up Jerome. I'm not doing it for any other reason." Goosebumps appeared on her skin and she shivered. "Ah what the-Selina!" The balcony window was wide open, the cold air rushing in. "Seriously?"

Running over to the door, Skylar shut it and then locked it. Selina smirked, crossing her arms over her chest. "Got you to get up." The loft was empty of people besides them. Ivy didn't stay as much anymore and Barbara was hardly ever there. It was good for them just in case. And it came in handy then.