Chapter 9.

At this very moment my heart would not listen to my head, I kissed him back I was on my tippy toes proving how tall Ryder is. Our lips moved together, my right hand travelled to the back of his neck and my other hand found it's way to the midst of his chest. The caress of his soft lips overtook my body and my heart was racing. We very slowly break away from the kiss but we are still inches from each other's faces and our hands don't dare to leave one another.

"Sorry." Ryder's voice is gentle.

My gaze moves to his lips.

"Don't be."

Ryder brings his lips to mine and we are kissing again. His hands go down onto the back of my thighs and he lifts me up, my legs wrap around him as he sits down on to the bed. Things were getting a little steamy, maybe a little too steamy for me; this time I'm the one that moves away from the kiss.

My breathing is staggered. "I'm going to get a drink, I'm thirsty."

He smirks. "Thirsty." He repeats.

"Dehydrated" I say quickly as I get up off him and leave the room.

I walk down stairs into the kitchen; my heart is still beating fast and my mind keeps replaying what just happened. I grab a glass from the cupboard and start pouring cold water into it.

"Is he getting settled in?" A voice startles me.

I spin around; my mom stands in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Uh yes, I think he likes it here" I respond.

My mom nods and then walks up stairs. I gulp down my water then head to bed, totally ignoring that Ryder is straight across the hall from me.

I didn't need my alarm to wake me up this morning, I had a rough sleep and had managed to wake up thirty minutes earlier then I usually would. I sit in bed for five more minutes and then hastily walk into the bathroom and have a shower. I wrap a towel around my body and let my wet, chocolate colored hair hang down, I open the door and start to walk out but instead I very conveniently clash into Ryder who only stands in his boxers. We do an awkward dance round each other.

"Carson" Ryder says just as I put my hand on my door handle.

I turn around "Yeah?"

"We should talk" He tells me.

Great, I thought to myself. He wants to talk, probably to let me know that what happened last night was a mistake and he didn't like me in that way.

"It's fine. You were vulnerable and upset yesterday, you weren't thinking straight." I decide to say it for him.

"You didn't enjoy the kiss?" He asks.

"Yes but-"

He walks over to me "But what?"

Ryder made me nervous. I didn't know what to say.

"How about you let me take you out for dinner tonight and then you can make your mind up." He grins.

I can't help but smile. "Fine" I agree to it.

"It's a date" He winks and then walks into the bathroom leaving me flustered.

I can't believe I'm going on a date with Ryder freaking Hudson! I get dressed for school, a plain white t-shirt and ripped jeans – a change from my dungarees. I greet my mom who is at the dining table drinking a tea and then grab an apple to eat on the way to school. Ryder soon enters the kitchen.

"Dear, grab anything you want from the fridge and pantry." My mom kindly tells him.

So he grabs the bottle of orange juice and pours himself a glass, he drinks it whilst leaning against the kitchen bench.

"Oh Carson, I'm going back to work today. Are you okay to walk to school, or you could probably make the bus?" Mom asks.

"I can walk with her to school." Ryder suddenly says and he smiles at me.

I smile and nod.

"Wonderful" Mom says.

Ryder and I walk out the front door and start walking to school.

"Are you okay?" I question him, remembering him crying last night.

"Yeah." He replies.

I look down, I wonder if he'll ever open up to me.

"Why were you crying yesterday?"

He shakes his head, I think I'm getting on his nerves.

"Can you drop it." He says.

So I do, I don't mention it again. We reach the school and I immediately spot Lily standing at the front. We haven't spoken a lot and I wanted to see how she was.

"I'll be okay to get to class, I'll meet up with you later." I tell Ryder.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes Ryder." I say and he reluctantly walks off.

Lily comes up to me as soon as Ryder leaves.

"How's your broken arm" I question her.

"Fine. How's your head?" She asks.

"Could be better." I reply.

She sighs "Carson why are you hanging out with Ryder all the time?"

I look at her confused.

"Does it matter? He's kind." I respond.

She looks extremely frustrated when I say this.

Lily closes her eyes then blurts out "Carson he's playing you!"

------------------------------------------

How are you liking this story so far? Vote & comment! It's means a whole lot to me.
-S