Chapter 24.

Firstly thank you for 50K reads!!!
Secondly, I'm sorry for the slow updates. I'm currently working on another book called Yours Truly, Charlie. That I will be entering into the Wattys!
Anyways I hope all of you enjoy this chapter. X

______________________________

Rays of sunlight stream through the sheer curtains and hit me directly onto my face, causing me to wake up. The bed and room i'm in are not familiar. I have a terrible headache and severe nausea. I throw back the blankets and wonder where these clothes I have on came from. All I remember is that I went to a party at Sheridan's.

I get out of the bed and poke my head into the hallway, when I see there's nobody up here besides me, I make my way down the staircase. So this is clearly Sheridan's house.

Small voices lead me into the kitchen where I see Sheridan pouring coffee and Ryder sitting on the bench top watching her. I clear my throat to make my presence known. Both of them turn their heads to me.

Sheridan smiles brightly, "Oh hey girl, did you have a good sleep?"

I take a step forward, "I suppose so."
I move towards the dining table and take a seat, I put my head in my hands.

"Are you okay?" I hear Ryder ask.

"No, I feel like hell." I mutter.

"Here drink this." Sheridan instructs me.

I look up as she places a mug of coffee in front of me. I immediately take a sip.

"What happened last night?" I question.

"Well, you got a little drunk." Sheridan replies and then glances at Ryder.

"And then you had a seizure." He continues.

I curse under my breath, "Oh god, does my mom know?"

"She knows you stayed here but that's all." Sheridan tells me.

I sigh in relief and then take another sip of coffee.

"So where's your parents?" I ask her.

"Business trip for three days, they come back tomorrow. My brother, Jenson is at work." She answers and then turns her back to pop bread into the toaster. "I'll drive you home in half an hour."

Ryder interrupts, "I can drive her."

I catch a glimpse of Sheridan rolling her eyes.

"If you want to give your girlfriend a ride home, be my guest." She replies.

The use of girlfriend almost makes me choke on my coffee.

"Sheridan." Ryder warns.

She turns and faces him, "You two play too much. If you like each other then just be together. It's really not hard. Don't be a coward Ryder."

The only sound in the room after that is the toaster. I bury my head in my arms and wish I could be anywhere besides here. After buttering her toast, Sheridan takes it with her and starts walking out the kitchen, winking at Ryder as she passes him.

As if it couldn't get anymore awkward, Ryder and I were now alone in complete dead silence. I turn my head from him and quickly drink the rest of my coffee. Grabbing the mug, I push my chair out and go to put it in the sink but I smash head on into Ryder's solid chest.

"Sorry." I apologise, avoiding his eyes.

He steps to the side, "it's fine."

I continue to the sink and wash the mug thoroughly before placing it on the drying rack. Without looking at Ryder or saying anything I start walking out of the kitchen but a forcible tug on my hand stops me, I spin my head around to Ryder. I attempt to release his grasp on my hand but he doesn't let go.

"Ryder what are you do-"

His lips suddenly on mine stops me from finishing my question. As much as I want to, I don't kiss him back. Instead I put my other hand on his chest and push him away from me. He sighs.

"What do you want Ryder?" I ask him straight out.

He finally releases my hand, he gazes over me.

"You." He pauses, "I want you to be my girlfriend. Officially."

Oh god. It's actually happening. Ryder wants me to be his girlfriend, my heart skips a beat. He doesn't know about the kiss Will and I shared in the pool though, I should let him know first but I can't ruin this moment. I wont.

Ryder who is waiting for me to answer says, "Look, I'm sorry maybe it's too soon. I don't want to rush this and I don't want you to feel any pressure. I can drive you h-"

This time it's me who interrupts him, "Shut up." I smirk and then I grab his shirt and yank him towards me and I kiss him.

He's kissing me back instantly, his hand moves to my face and he's caressing my cheek. His shirt is still bundled in my closed hands. The kiss is tender and delicate. Ryder lips move from mine slightly but we're so close I can feel his breath on me.

"Is this a yes?" His voice is low and husky.

I smile, "Yes." I whisper.

Our lips are touching again, this time more deeper. Suddenly all the bad in the world, in my life disappeared because I was here, with Ryder. The warmth of him rushed through my veins and euphoric bliss charged through me. I wanted every inch of him.

"Congratulations." I hear Sheridan say.

We move apart even though I yearn for more. Both of us look at Sheridan who's standing in the doorway.

"Um, I'm going to get dressed." I tell Ryder awkwardly.

As I move towards the door Sheridan raises her eyebrows at me. I can't help but laugh.

Ryder is my boyfriend, I'm the luckiest girl on the planet right now.