Chapter 26.

Over the next two weeks the flashbacks happen more frequently which technically is great progress but experiencing them isn't a walk in the park. Most of them have been short and random and it's difficult to put a timeline on them. My life is boring so naturally the flashbacks are as well.

Ryder and I have been doing better than ever, we have spent every day together. I'm seeing him again tonight, I already miss his presence.

I'm currently sitting on my bed with my laptop looking at college options when the feeling I always get before a flashback hits me. I quickly place aside my computer and lay down.

FLASHBACK
I'm driving a car that is not mine down a dark road. Lily is in the passenger seat. We had just attended a party at Jenson Jones' house. Lily is obviously wasted.

"I have a confession to make." She announces.

I don't let my eyes off the road, "And that is?" I ask her.

Lily takes a few seconds to answer, "I've been sleeping with your enemy."

Everything moves so fast in the flashback. Like I'm watching a movie and someone is fast forwarding it. Some of the memories show in a second segments.
And then the next thing that happens is I'm standing in a large field, in P.E class. A soccer ball flies past my face, a cm from hitting me in the face.
Ryder Hudson is laughing with his friends.

END

My head is pounding and I am a mess. Like black static is overtaking my mind and entire body.

Is there such thing as false memories?

I leap off my bed and run into my bathroom, just in time to vomit my guts up in the toilet. It was one of the most overwhelming flashback I had, I couldn't make sense of anything. Suddenly a sense of anger riles up in me.

I push myself up off the cold tiles, quickly wash my mouth out and march downstairs, I can hear my mom saying something to me but I'm grabbing her keys from the table and slamming the front door before she can finish. I jump in her car knowing that I shouldn't be driving and drive to Lily's house. I'm so furious that I find myself speeding without realisation.

I lazily park in the driveway and almost run to her front door, I bang my fist against it until it opens. A man stands there holding a half eaten apple in his hand.

"Is Lily here?" I question her dad.

"No sorry." He burrows his eyebrows, "Are you alright Carson?"

I do my best fake smile, "Yeah everything's fine. Have a great day."

I walk away and hop back into the car. I brainstorm places of where she might be. I think I know where, I start the car up and drive off. Street after street until I reach my final destination.

I don't even knock, in a situation like this manners are not important.

I burst in to Will's house like I'm busting people doing something criminal. They're sitting in the living room, Ryder and Will holding X-BOX controllers whilst Sheridan sits cross legged on the couch eating popcorn. I don't see Lily until she's walking down the hallway from the bathroom.