Chapter 14.

Please vote as we writers rely heavily on these interactions!

________________________

"Will and I are working on a school project." Lily explains as she continues walking down the wooden staircase.

"Sure are." Will interjects.

"Why are you here?" Lily asks quite bluntly.

"Uh Will and I are going to talk so I invited her." Ryder answers even though I was certain she directed the question at me.

She nods and then walks towards me and links my arm with hers.

"We'll let the boys sort their business out then."

I don't say anything but I let her pull me out the front door. We both take a seat on the colorful striped chairs on the front decking.

It doesn't take long for her to start a conversation, "Are you and Ryder dating?"

"Not officially." I reply.

"He probably won't ask you to be his girlfriend because he's not that type of guy, he's a player."

I shift uncomfortably, "I've heard. And I think there's a lot more to Ryder than what people realize."

Lily rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah the old he's a broken guy so it excuses that he's a cunt."

"Why do you hate him so much?" I question irritated.

"My memory wasn't wiped; I know what he's like." She takes a breath, "Besides you're not really his type anyways." Lily does a little grin.

"I was his type when he took me out to a nice restaurant last night." I can't help but fire back.

I can't believe we were best friends, I don't get along with her at all. The grudge she had against Ryder was really pissing me off.

"Gosh Carson, that's a part of his game. He makes you feel special and then he'll just fuck you over in the end."

"Please stop talking about him."

Lily is about to say something else but she decides against it. There was something strange about her, but I ignore it and her negativity that surrounded Ryder. She doesn't know him like I do. The next half hour is filled of awkward silence with an odd question being asked here and there. To my luck Ryder exists the house with a large smile on his face and I just know that he and Will are back to normal. Ryder and Lily exchange glances before he and I walk off back to his range rover.

"So are you and Will okay now?" I ask as I clip my seat belt in.

Ryder inserts the key in to the ignition, "Yeah we're all good."

"I'm glad."

"Thanks for telling me to talk it out with him." He says.

"I'm always here to help." I reply.

"Too helpful sometimes." He grins.

Ryder doesn't drive back home, instead he drives in the opposite direction.

"Am I being kidnapped?" I ask jokingly.

"You'll see." He says.

After driving down roads he parks the rover at a park - a different park than the one we went to when we laid on the grass and observed the stars together. Kids play and a couple of people are walking their dogs. We both hop out the car and walk through the park, a beautiful water feature sits in the centre of it all, with seats that circled it. Ryder and I sit together.

"Is this another date?" I question smiling.

"If you want it to be." He replies and hold my hand tightly in his.

"Did Lily say anything to you?" Ryder than asks.

"Yeah she did actually, what's her problem with you?"

"Don't pay attention to anything that she says, she's a psycho."

I furrow my eyebrows, "She's suppose to be my best friend."

"She could have been a psycho when you were friends you just can't remember it."

My mind suddenly replays that flashback I had last night, where Lily and I are in a car. The memory still haunts me.

"So what are doing? Do you want to go out with me? Because I'm confused with our situation." I ask the dreaded question.

Ryder glares at me, "I thought you just wanted to be friends."

"You thought I was serious?"

He shrugs.

"I was told you're a player, if you just want to fuck me and then leave I'm not interested." I say.

He lets go of my hand and turns his whole body towards me.

"I have never felt this way about anybody, I'm not here to just get you naked. I never thought once that I would get this close to you, but fuck I am happy I have. I've shut myself off for years until you and I wouldn't change a thing. I don't want to rush this, I'm scared that I'll ruin this."

"I'm ready when you are." I respond and place my hand softly on his cheek, "I don't care about the labels or the amount of time we've spent together, you make me feel everything great all at once."

Ryder leans in and kisses my lips, our foreheads stay touching as our lips seperate.

"Three more dates and then we'll make it official." He says.

I nod, "Perfect."

"Hopefully I don't scare you away by the end."

I laugh, "Your dad called me an whore, I don't think it can get much worse than that."

"Don't jinx it."

_____________________
This is going to be the shortest chapter! The rest will be longer I promise :)

What's your opinion on Lily?