#ChapterOne

[Kyle's POV]

   "Knock it off." Stan warned, stepping between Cartman and I. "The bell rang a while ago and I can't stand hearing you two bicker." 

   His hair was visible and messy under his hat, and he had dark circles under his eyes. This made me want to ask 'What's wrong', but it probably wasn't the best time to do so.

   He gave me a hard, concerned look before backing away and retreating with Kenny.

   Cartman rolled his eyes and lightly pushed me, making me stumble back and hit the lockers.

   "Asshole." I muttered under my breath.

   "Fucking bitch." He retorted, with a smug grin.

    Jesus, this is exactly why I hate him.

    I grinded my teeth in aggression as he walked away, mimicking the look he gave me a few seconds ago.

    I looked up at the clock that hung over Period 2's door. 8:36, I am 6 minutes late. Well, shit.

    Making my way into Literacy class, I was greeted with classmates looking up from their books with blank stares. Like a single black sheep entering a herd a white sheep.

   "Kyle, grab a seat and sit in the chair in the back," Ms. Young, the blonde that every male student in my class adored, instructed.

    Honestly, as myself, didn't see her as someone attractive. She wasn't ugly, just not my type. I still don't really know what my type is, but for all I know, it's definitely not her.

   Anyway, I stumbled over to the desk and threw my binders under the chair. I tore a peice of paper that was sticking out from the side of my folder and placed it on the table.

    I wrote neatly, 'Stan, are you okay? You look kind of tired. Did you sleep okay?'.

    Fortunately, Stan was sitting across from me. I leaned over from my desk, using my foot to keep me from falling and threw the note on his table.

   He craned his head in my direction and cocked a brow as he pointed to the paper.

  "Read it," I whispered.

   He nodded, and looked down at the paper. I watched his eyes move from left to right as they scanned the note.

   His frown deepened and he flipped the paper over, his pencil writing a response as he looked up at the front of the room.

   Stan paused and forced a grin as he handed the it back.

    "No, I'm not. I'll tell you more later."