#Chapter29

[Cartman's POV]

   I stood there in astonishment. My orbs darted between the two. I mean,  it makes sense now that I think about it. Although, it definitely woke me up by my sleepy haze.

    Stan yelled an enthusiastic "Surprise!". Kenny was completely red and I had to stifle my laughter. I heard Kyle chuckle under his breath. Looking back at him, he gave me a cheeky smile.

   "Yeah, I knew about that. That's pretty much why I said this was a double date." He said, still snickering. Thinking back, it all came together. I groaned, giving myself a mental face palm.

  "Oh, wow."

   "Yeah." Kyle slumped over and nudged his head against my shoulder. He peered up at me, wearing a smile and closing his eyes. The sun made his hair glisten in red highlights. "I'm exhausted."

    "We can always head back." I mentioned, ducking my head down and allowing my bangs to cascade over my eyes. Turning to my left, both Stan and Ken layed on the grass looking up at the sky in silence. I ain't gonna lie, the romance was radiant.

    "No, we can stay a bit longer." He assured. If he was going to keep this up, I swear I would be passing out on the spot. The suns rays began to fade, and you could gradually see the orb disappear behind the surface.

    I savored the moment. It gave me a very uplifting and bubbly feeling.

   As time ran on, the sky altered into a dark purple. Kyle's breathing was steady and sweeping against my skin, in a rhythm that told that there was no doubt he had fallen alseep. The moon's light had illuminated Stan and Ken's figures, which were in an embrace.

    "Guys?" I hissed a whisper. "Should we start heading back?"

    Stan rubbed his eyes and sat up, glancing around the pond. He blinked twice before responding, "Yeah, sure. I'm getting pretty tired." He stood up, regaining his balance. Kenny followed.

    I shook Kyle lightly, standing up and bringing him to his feet. He stood there in a daze, squinting at me as I guided him into a piggyback. He grunted when I pushed him into a hold, and began to walk. "Thank you." He whispered in a semi-husky voice. He wrapped his arms loosely around my neck and I began to walk foward, following the other two.

   The wind lightly pawed at my skin.

   "Cartman." Kyle droned from behind me. His hair brushed against my neck. "We going home?"

    "Yeah." I answered. My eyelids shut loosely in exhaustion. It was roughly around 8:30 and I already dreamed of sheets and pillows. To be more exact, Kyle's sheets and pillows. Taking a deep breath, I sided and watched Kenny and Stan walk together in silence. They walked side-by-side, hands locked. I really don't know how I didn't see their relationship before...

     "I'm gonna go back to sleep." The redhead muttered. I stifled a laugh.