Chapter 21

Chapter 21

 Ellie’s P.O.V

May turned around so she was now facing him and looking at him right in the eyes “Why what’s happened?” She frowned. “Just sit down babe” he gestured leading her towards her living room she gave him a confused look. I looked at Tom and he followed them and grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. May and I sat on one sofa and the boys on the other. Something was definitively up, May gave me a puzzling look. We sat in an awkward silence. Nath was avoiding everyone’s gaze and twiddling his thumbs however Tom was looking petrified and staring at the floor. I couldn’t stand it anymore. Okay so are you going to tell us or what?” I blurted out “Umm… okay well I didn’t go home today, I needed help so I asked Nath. And he said yes” “Why did you need help” I questioned. His gaze connected with mine. I stared into his dark eyes. He flinched and carried on talking “You know Harry sent you that text, I wanted to find out what it meant and why he did that to you” he almost whispered his eyes went back to looking at the floor. My stomach felt full of butterflies. He cared that much for me. He carried on talking “So when I picked up Nath I told him the whole story and he understood why we’re doing it and agreed to help me.” He looked and Nath and he smiled at him. “I already knew where he lived because of facebook. Not that I stalked him or anything. I knew exactly where it was, it was where my uncle used to live. Nath put his hand on Tom’s shoulder, he sighed and continued “Once we got there, we found his house and knocked on the door, but there was no answer and just as we were about to leave we bumped into someone.” “Who was it?” May said “Amy” Nath sighed “Ewww not that twat” me and May laughed as we both said it at the same time. The boys both smiled. “She asked who we were looking for and we said Harry. Then Ben turned up and asked as well. So we told him, and he said he owes him money. So Nath cleverly said he owed us money as well, and then asked him did he have any idea where he was”. Nath looked pleased with himself “Then he pulled out some photos of certain people” he paused. I looked at Tom “Who were the photos off?” I whispered. “You two” he whispered.      

May’s P.O.V

“What!” I shouted. “What do yo mean us” I stood up, and looked at them for some sort of response that they were joking. But it never came. “We’re not the people who owe money it’s him!” I looked back at Ellie. She just sat there. Staring at the floor in shock. “I mean what are we going to do, you know what Ben is capable of, how does he know we know him” I began pacing. Nath stood up and walked towards me and placed both hands on my shoulders “Babe I won’t let them touch you I promise” he stroked my check lightly. Anger. Worry. Just emotion was running through my body. I began shaking “How can you be sure though Nath, he could get us anytime, at night, during the day. You can’t be with me 24/7 Nath. If he knew we knew him he most possibly knows we live” “I pulled away from his grasp. Calm down May” Tom whispered “What Tom you think I should fucking calm down… people are out to get me and my best friend and you are telling me to calm down?” The room went silent. My head was pounding with all possible questions. The room began to spin. “I need some air” I whispered. I ran out of the room and grabbed my coat, and headed out the front door. I ran and ran away from everything. I heard people shouting my name after me but I didn’t turn around. I just zipped my coat right up and pulled the hood over my head and ran. I needed time to think.

After I had finally run out of breath I paused and took in my surroundings suddenly realised where I was.  The park. I smiled as I remembered all the memories that had taken place there. From when I was younger. I sat on the old wooden bench and sighed to myself. My life had changed so much in the last 5 years. I used to come here mainly every week end with my mum, dad; brother and Nathan’s Family in the summer. This was all before my mum and dad got jobs that involved lots of travelling and barely being at home and before my brother moved out. I looked next to me and saw ‘N+M BBF’ engraved into the old wood. It was still here after 5 years. Nath did it while our parents were too busy talking and looking after our younger siblings. And said that this would always be our bench and as long as that was still there we would be best friends forever and we promised we would.

After about 10 minutes I decided to walk back home. I felt a little bit better after my walk, but it was still stuck in my brain that they could come after me at any second. I started to walk quicker as I felt like someone was watching me, I ignored it. I suddenly realised at how selfish I had been, I pulled out my key and opened the door and stepped in. I shut the door gently behind me and heard soft voices coming from the kitchen. I listened “Fuck Tom don’t tell me to calm down, my girlfriend is out there, when people are looking for her. She could be in trouble and you expect me to just sit here” Nath shouted. “Tom’s right Nath she’ll come back when she is ready trust me I know my best friend” Ellie said I could tell she had been crying by the sound of her voice. I opened the door “Sorry guys I just had to get away I could think” I whispered. Tom ran pulled me into a massive hug “Don’t you dare do that again” he laughed “Sorry” He pulled away and I ran into Nath’s arms he whispered into my ear “Don’t ever scare me like that again babe” he kissed my lips softly and then we pulled away. Ellie pulled me into a massive hug “I was so worried” she said “I’m sorry” “its okay your back now”.  “We called the police and they said they will be round first thing in the morning” Tom said “Good” I smiled weakly. “We were thinking because your parents are in France still and there is no way we are leaving you both alone, that we could stay here for a bit just until everything has died down” Ellie spoke “Yeah of course I was kinda hoping you all would anyway”  “Good because me and Nath have already called our parents and told them” he laughed “And what would you have done if I said no Parker?” I smiled “Well…urhh… made you say yes” we all laughed. “Ellie do you wanna borrow some pyjamas?” “Yeah” “Come on lets go upstairs” I grabbed her hand and lead her up stairs.

We walked in my bedroom and she sat on the bed. I began looking though my draws and pulled out a pair of pink pyjama bottoms and a white vest top and I got my frog patterned pyjama bottoms with a bIack vest top. I showed them to her and she nodded. I sat down next to her and handed the clothes to her. “Thank you” she whispered “Are you ok” I whispered back. “Kinda” she pulled me into a massive hug. “I am so scared” I whispered “Me too” . The tears came pouring out, I couldn’t hold them back anymore. I pulled away and wiped my eyes I noticed she was crying to. I passed her a tissue from my desk and she smiled. “It’s going to be okay, it has to” I whispered.