Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Tom’s P.O.V

I flinched as the women in black’s face popped up on the screen. “Fuck” I heard Ellie catch her breathe. She currently had her head leaning on my chest and my arm was wrapped around her securely. I rubbed my hand up and down her back to comfort her. To be honest it was quite a scary movie, I didn’t think it was going to be as jumpy as it was only rated a 12a, and I have seen 18 which aren’t as scary as this, I can see why May was so scared to watch it. I looked over at her and she was hiding behind a pillow and Nath was even looking quite scared.

“You alright mate you’re looking a bit scared” I mocked “Shut up” he laughed back. The film finished and we all sat in silence starring at the screen. “I’m pissing for the toilet” May broke the silence and whispered “Go then” I laughed. “I’m scared someone come with” she wined. “Ew yuck” Ellie giggled. “No you know what I mean stand outside and wait please” she laughed. “It’s just about 10 meters away” Nath said. She turned to Nath “Pleaseeeeee” “Fine I’ll make sure nothings there” he laughed. They both stood up and Nath kicked open the door in ninja style “The ghost is clear” he mocked. May pushed him out the door towards the toilet. “Choose what you wanna watch next by the way” May said then followed Nath out. I turned to Ellie “You wanna choose” I said and passed the controller in her direction. “Na it’s ok I’m gonna get changed into my PJ’s” she said and stood up. “You want me to check the ghost is clear” I laughed “Nope I think I’m okay” she laughed, and I watched her disappear upstairs. I smiled and flicked through the channels and then settled for Gavin and Stacey. May and Nath entered the room all lovely dovey I sighed. May passed over a duvet to me; I took it and then she placed one on the sofa on top of Nath then sat down next to him.

Ellie came back down in jack wills pyjama bottoms and a white vest top and I couldn’t help but stare, she sat back down next to me and re-laid her head on my shoulder; I pulled the duvet around us both and continued watching the TV.

About 2 hours later and after watching may episodes of ‘Gavin and Stacey’ and ‘Outnumbered’ I pulled out my phone from my back trouser pocket and clicked the lock button ’02:19am’ I looked around to be honest I hadn’t realised how late it had got I think I may have even fallen asleep at one stage. I glanced over at May and Nath, I think they were both asleep cuddled up under the duvet, May was sitting in-between his legs and Nath had his arms around her and his head was leaning on the back of the sofa. Then I glanced down to Ellie, she was sound asleep still leaning on my shoulder and it was starting to turn numb. I watched her chest gently fall and rise in a steady even pattern, I smiled how could someone look so pretty just by laying there? I smiled to myself. Shit my arm was seriously going numb I tried to move into a different position but it was impossible to move without waking her up.  

I quickly managed to slip out of her grasp, but I could really leave her down here so I decided to pick her up and carry her upstairs. I slipped my hands under her body and lifted her closer to my chest and headed upstairs. I hesitated in the hallway on which door to enter, in the end I picked the spare room I don’t know why it just felt right. I peeled back the duvet and laid her gently on to the mattress then re-laid the duvet over her. I watched her smile gently in her sleep, I smiled to myself and laid myself down next to her and closed my eyes and drifted off.