Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Ellie’s P.O.V

I tossed and turned in the bed. Yet I still couldn’t sleep. I grabbed my phone to check the time 4:30am. For fucks sake I mumbled to myself. I normally can easily fall asleep; I was so tired yet I just couldn’t sleep. I got up slowly and carefully, to make sure I didn’t wake May in the process.I got up and looked at her to check I hadn’t woken her up. She was still fast asleep. I tipped toed out of her bedroom and gently pulled the door; and it closed behind me. I walked across the landing and slowly made my way down the stairs. As I began to walk towards the kitchen I saw that the light was on. Someone else must be up. I headed closer. I heard someone gently humming a sweet melody, one that I hadn’t heard before. Before I opened the door, I leant against the wall and listened. It was beautiful, I admittedly recognised the voice it was Nath’s. The voice suddenly stopped and I heard another familiar voice. “Mate it’s amazing, you should definitely sing it at the final show, does she know it’s about her?” “Nope haven’t told her yet” I slowly opened the kitchen door to see the boys sitting at the table looking at a crumpled piece of paper. As soon as Nath saw me he folded up the piece of paper quickly and put it in his trouser pocket. Tom looked up and saw me and smiled “You okay Elz?” “Yeah couldn’t sleep” I stood awkwardly in the middle of the kitchen. “Nath that song was really good” “You heard?” “Yeah I couldn’t sleep so I decided to get a glass of water then… I heard you singing, it was amazing” his face turned a bright shade of pink as he looked down. “Told you it was good mate” Tom nudged him and he pulled back out the piece of paper and began studying it again. “Thanks I’m not sure yet” “Elz you want a cuppa we just boiled the kettle?” Tom said “Yes please” I replied. Tom stood up and pulled out another mug and placed a tea bag in it as well as the other 2 cups. I pulled out a chair and sat next to Nath. “You finally finished it then” “Yeah finally” he laughed.  “I’m gonna get some sleep” Nath said and stood up. “Night” he pulled me into a hug “night”. “Night mate” he said to Tom “Night” Tom replied as he handed him his tea.

Tom placed the mug in front of me “Thanks” I smiled. “No problem” he said and sat back down. “Did you boys actually go to bed?” I asked “Yeah well I did, Nath said he wanted to finish his song so he stayed up, then it hit 3:30am and I could sleep and I noticed Nath was still down stairs so I went to find him, then I guess I just stayed down there with him to keep him company.” He shrugged. I sipped my tea and nodded. “Nath’s song is so good” I changed the convocation “Yeah I know, but he doesn’t seem think so” “Is he gonna show it to her” I knew he knew exactly who I meant. “I asked him that and he said when it is the right moment he would” he shrugged again. “Tom stop shrugging” “What haha” he shrugged “Whenever you have said anything you shrug like then” “Like what?” he mocked and shrugged again. “Stop it” I moaned “Ellie you are so easy to wine up” he laughed. I laughed back and sipped m tea. Something about thing about his smile, made me melt. I wasn’t sure why but it just always had. “What time did the police say they were coming?” I questioned “I think about 10” he said “I might see if I can go to sleep now if there’re coming that early it’s nearly 5am” I stated and pointed to the clock on the oven. I stood up and walked towards the sink and I was about to place my half empty mug into to sink. But I tripped over Tom’s chair leg and I managed to spill my remainder of my tea all over Tom. He stood up instantly “Shit I’m so sorry” I said and grabbed a tea towel from the kitchen counter and began dabbing his top. “Its fine, I wasn’t going to wear one to bed anyway and besides it’s not mine its Naths” he laughed. “I must be tired I’m so sorry Tom” “Elz its fine trust me”. “Okay sorry” I replied “Elz stop saying sorry it’s fine” he smoothed and took off his top. I walked towards the sink to place my now empty cup into the sink. Tom was so understanding it’s a shame some other people aren’t. Like those people after me and May. I was about to turn around, but I felt his breath tickling my neck sending goose bumps up my spine and his bare body touching mine. I smiled at his touch and turned around to face him. He looked down at me and smiled “I know you are worrying but everything is going to be okay I promise won’t let anything happen” he whispered  “I believe you Tom”. He pushed a stray strand of my hair which had fallen in front of my eyes and placed it behind my ear gently, that I barely felt it. His gaze fell so his eyes were looking directly into mine. The next few seconds, I don’t know what came over me, but it felt right. I push up onto my tip toes so our lips were inches apart. I had never realised how fit he actually was until that moment. I mean I knew he had always had a six pack but I guess it never hand entered my mind that this was how I felt. I never realised how much he had cared, how much he had been there for me no matter what. I mean most of my friends had as well but he was different. Did I feel different? Did he feel different? The next thing I realised his lips crashed down onto mine, and I didn’t stop it from happening.