Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Nathan’s P.O.V

Everything was going perfect. The food was good, I had the lasagne, May and Jess had spaghetti bolognaise and mum had this weird pasta thing. I slipped my coke slowly while my mum babbled on about the future, about what me and May wanted to do with our lives. Mine was simple either to become a singer or songwriter well anything to do with music. As long as it would be about music I knew I would be happy. May said she either wanted to be a dancer or a writer. Which had had always told me that since we were about 6 that was what she said she wanted to be and, that was what she wanted to do. I really want to show her my song but I need my keyboard to play the cords to do so. So I was planning maybe tomorrow, I will get her to go back to mine for a bit and play it for her. I hope she likes it, because I mean every single word. We paid for our meal mm insisted on paying for us which me and May were totally grateful for. We made our way out of the small restaurant and I held the door for them all; and we said good bye to Mum and Jess. I pulled them each into a big hug. “Nathan why are you not at home at the moment?” Jess asked. I looked at mum, should I tell her, but she is only little and it would probably frighten her and besides she wouldn’t understand. I looked at May and she was looking directly at me guilt in her eyes. “Sweetie Nathan has been busy with school work and is helping out a friend at the moment but will be home soon when everything is sorted” mum said and gave me a reassuring look I smiled and mouthed ‘thank you’ to her and she smiled. “Yeah I’ll be home soon, are you missing your big brother being at home then?” I winked “No” she said bluntly and looked away. I laughed “Do you want me to call you a cab mum?” I asked “No it’s fine Nathan thank you we will just walk trust me it will be quicker” “Okay if your sure” and grabbed May’s hand and started to walk away. We quickly waved and made our separate ways. “Why are we going this way” May asked giving me a confused look “Because we need more food in your fridge you now have two boys living under your roof and trust me your food will be gone within a day” she laughed “Okay and thanks for tonight babe it was so nice” “No problem I told you it would be fine” I nudged her. A smile grew on her face. I noticed she was still only wearing her dress, she must be cold. “Babe you must be cold” I said and began to take of my blazer and I held it open so she could slip her arms into the arm holes “Thank you babe” I smiled and re grabbed her hand the blazer was about 3 sizes too big for her and hung of her shoulders but she still looked beautiful as always and we carried on walking until we reached the local ‘Tescos’. We walked in and May grabbed a basket; we began walking up and down the aisles. May grabbed milk, bread, pizzas, and a few vegetables. I held up a massive bag of chessy Doritos she smiled and took them from me and placed them into the basket. We grabbed a few other bits and pieces and then headed for the checkout. 

Tom’s P.O.V

We had been to back to mine so I could grab a few stuff and I chucked it into my barrel bag swung it over my shoulder. Then we made our way to the station and boarded the train back to May’s. Me and Ellie were currently listening to my ipod and she was leaning on me. ‘Chasing cars by snow patrol’ came on. “Tom Tom I never knew you liked snow patrol” Ellie said and sat up and looked at me. “Yeah they’re awesome” “Yeah and this is like my favourite song” she smiled “haha same ”I smiled back “Great minds think alike” she said. “Tom about last night…” Ellie began ”The next stop will be Gloucester and this train will terminate here thank you for traveling with us I hope you had a pleasant journey” the train driver said. “We best get up” she said and began collecting her bags. I smiled and grabbed my bag and flung it over my shoulder. For fuck sake, she was going to say something about the kiss. I need to know how she felt. Just so I know where I stand. “Let me take your case” I smiled and held out my hand to grab the handle. “No it’s fine you have your bag” she said “Come on babe look at these muscles” I said and pulled up my sleeves and reflexed my muscles. She laughed and I took the handle out of her hand. She smiled and we walked off the train.