Son of a Bench

Peridot POV.

I groaned, moving my left hand up to my aching head.

No... scratch that... everything ached. I sat up, my legs wobbly, and maneged to look around.

Why does this feeling seem familier... the morning after the party...

Did I get drunk again? No... it's still friday... 9:57!? I stared at my phone and hopped up, grabbing my bag. My moms gonna kill me. I planned to be home by 8... what even happened?

I ran as fast as I could considering I was extremely dizzy, and reached home just as my phone said 10.

As soon as i opened the door I found an angry face.

But...

"Emil?" He looked at me.

"Sis it's 10 o'clock where have you been!?"

"I went out running... I'm sorry I didn't... I lost track of time... what are you doing here?"

He sighed. "I have to stay in town for a few weeks... uh... for a friend. And luckily for you, mom had to leave for business. So I'm techniccly babysitting you."

A friend?

He meant lapis. Emil didn't have any friends living here anymore. Or, not that I had known about till this past weekend.

"So... you aren't gonna till mom I was almost late to get back by curfew?" I smiled at him, hoping he'd say no.

He smiled too, and pinched my cheek. "As long as you don't do it again... sure!" He let go and walked into the kitchen. "Hungry?"

I paused for a second before following.

"Yes god please, feed me."

--------------------------------------------------

Lapis POV.

Why why why why

I paced my bedroom floor, my actions replaying in my mind.

I hugged her, maneged to drain her, and then I kissed her forehead.

And now you're wasting all that energy with your pacing.

I paused, sighing and sitting on my bed with my head in my hands. "It shouldn't have happened. It was wrong. God knows if she is still on that bench..." I looked out the window, watching the rain pour down harder.

Then go check on your lady friend~ be a gentleman and make sure she got home safe.

"No... what if I do it again? Absolutely... not..." i heard a lightning strike. I tapped my foot nervously.

"No. No. I'm staying here. In fact, I am not going outside for the next week. Yeah... maybe she'll forget, maybe ill forget, and maybe we can put this whole thing behind us..."

You won't forget.

"I can move on..."

You can't.

"I have to... we cant..."

She could come back tomarrow. She was running. She likes running. She could come back.

I found myself smiling at the thought, but then I shook my head. "Why is this happening... you're worse then ever... I'm full on energy... what do you want!?"

Me? I don't want anything.

I felt my heart beat faster as another lightning strike came down...

What do YOU want?