Guys are weird.

I tried, but I couldn't sleep.

The events of the Forrest had come clback to me after my dizzy spell had gone away, but they left me even more puzzled.

Lapis's eyes, for one thing. They... they glowed. A bright crystal blue. And unless I was going insane, they had done the same thing the night he rescued me.

In fact, I could draw alot of similarities between those moments.

In both his eyes first started to glow.

Then he moved closer to me in some way, picking me up or hugging.

And then I had felt extremely weak. The night he saved me I thought I had just realized I was tired, bt it was the same thing...

Then I blacked out. And then I woke up elsewhere.

It bugged me. Hell HE bugged me. He was a mystery.

And god how I loved a good mystery. I had read so many mystery books that amythest had once deemed me detective P-brain.

(Sometimes I hated her nicknames.)

And lapis, I wanted so badly to solve him. Or... what was up with him. Everything I knew about him, which wasn't much, ran over and over in my head.

But it just made no sense.

I gripped my head and growled in frustration. This was stupid. He didn't matter. Why am I sitting here wasting my time trying to figure this out?

I needed to clear my head.

I sat up and looked out the window. It was pitch black.

I groaned and flopped back down. How am I supposed to run in the dark? And how could I stay here knowing I'll just keep thinking about this?

I sighed and pulled the blankets up over my head, pressing my face into the pillow.

Suddenly my phone dinged.

I turned my head and picked it up, looking at the messege.

(???): hey peridot.

I raised a brow, before typing a short response.

(Peridoot): who are you, How did you get my number, and why should I keep talking to you?

I set down my phone, hoping the slightly hostile tone would detur them, but sure enough, after about another minute or 2, my phone dinged again.

(???): haha, sorry. Yeah I should've figured you wouldn't know. It's Dillon, I got your number off Amythest, and I don't have a real reason, but I'd like you to keep talking to me.

I rolled my eyes and groaned.

God DAHMIT amythest...

I shut my eyes tight, then opened them and sighed.

(Peridoot): you know it's past midnight right?

(Dil-pickle): yeah... sorry am I keeping you up? I didn't mean to... I thought you'd be asleep.

(Peridoot): no I actually couldn't sleep. Why are YOU up so late? And also why would you send me a messege if you thought I wouldn't see it till morning?

Maybe this is just a guy thing. Being a mystery. Dillon was puzzling me. Not as much as lapis of course, but still...

(Dil-pickle): right haha... just... well I figured it would be awkward. I'm pretty sure I was right.

I couldn't help but giggle slightly. For a football player, Dillon had actually always had been really smart.

(Peridoot): why? haha youre a dork. But you didn't answer earlier... why you're up so late.

(Dil-pickle): I fell asleep after practice today :p. I woke up about an hour ago.

(Peridoot): wow. I hope you don't do that everyday, that would seriously screw up any kind of normal sleep schedule.

(Dil-pickle): yeah I don't. It was just a really stressful day today... or... I mean it was weird.

Huh.

(Peridoot): my day was kinda weird too. I can't stop thinking about it.

(Dil-pickle): haha. Good we can slowly lose our minds together. How was running?

(Peridoot): good. It feels good to run in the forest. I prefer it to the track, or the roads. It's like freedom.

Why was I telling him this? Was I that woozy from today's events?

(Dil-pickle): OH uh... I have to go actually... my dad's home. I'll messege you tomarrow! :)

I sent a quick goodnight then set my phone back down. Huh.

Why did I feel weird? It's weird for someone to randomly text you past midnight right?

I sighed again and rolled back over onto my stomach and yawned.

I'm gonna kill amythest tomarrow.