A Bad Nix-ture.

Lapis POV.

I felt her slowly relax into me, and I felt so much better. She rested her head in the crook of my neck, and I held her back with both of my hands.

Still adorable~ so willing. To... help.

I closed my eyes, letting myself enjoy it for a second, before letting out a small sigh and moving back. I layed her on the couch instead, and I rolled my shoulders.

Feels good to not be halfway to deaths door.

"Well... we still have to deal with Emil. Don't consider us off the hook yet..." I glanced down at peridot, seeing her head fall slightly.

"And..." I lost all thought, watching her slow breathing as she slept. I realized and blushed a bit, twitching and turning away. I walked into the kitchen, sitting down on a stool.

"What is happening to me..."

You didn't tell her the full truth... but I'll give you credit for not telling any lies.

"I shouldn't be the one telling her all this... I told her only what was nescesary... nothing more."

I suppose. I guess it would be a bit more difficult to explain the full extent of your, what did you call it... ability?

I lifted my shirt, glancing at my wound which was slowly healing. "Well that's why. That and extremely awkward."

And Emil, surely he'd thank you for not letting the others get her.

I looked out the window, seeing the woods, dark but familier.

"I guess we'll see."

[Timeskip: next morning.]

I took in a deep breath and stretched my arms. I lifted my head off of the counter. Light was streaming in through the window and I growled.

I stood up and walked groggily out of the kitchen.

"Morning."

I froze and looked up.

Really? God...

Nix was sitting cross legged in the armchair, hands in her lap, with a smile on her face.

"What. Are you. Doing HERE." I clenched a single fist, glancing at the still resting peridot.

"This your new little skank? Doesn't look like your type, lapi." She smiled a bit wider, and I narrowed my eyes.

"And you know my type, is that it? I hate you Nix. I made that clear."

"But you kept coming back. Time after time, who was there? Me. And now you think you can just push me aside?"

"I was only... grrr. I need energy, to SURVIVE. you were my only option. You think i CHOSE to keep crawling back?"

She narrowed her eyes as well and stood. "You're mine. And this little, blonde SLUT. Will not take you from me."

She spun, and walked toward peridot. I rushed forward and grabbed her hand, spinning her back around and gripping her wrists tight. "You lay one hand on her i will kill you."

I felt my heart pumping, pure anger flowing through me. "I will destroy you, nix. You know I can."

Her eyes widened, but a small smirk appeared. "Is that a threat, LAPI? Or a promise~?"

I growled and narowed my eyes more, tightening my grip. "You disgust me." I turned, pulling her roughly with me, and pushed her toward the door. She turned, her face serious again, and her brown hair shadowing her face.

"You need me. I need you. Don't do this lapis. You will regret it." I stepped forward, opening the door and grabbing her arm to pull her out.

"The only thing I regret, Nix, is not being there for my family, and YOU." I closed the door, locking it and pressing my head against the door.

I was heated. Angry. God that girl....

I turned, walking over and kneeling next to peridot and scanning her for anything. Injuries, marks, bruises...

I found nothing, but I still found myself anxious.

I moved my hand and brushed a short strand of her hair away, and froze. Being this close, I could see a few faint freckles. Her breathing seemed more normal, and her eyes remained closed.

I thought back to her eyes. How scared they were in the cove, how happy and bright they seemed the next morning, and how concerned they were last night.

God she was going to be the end of me.

[Nix is a b I t c h,  B I t c h, b I c t h,

And bitchy is her lingo!

(Sorry I'm trash goodnight)

(Hint sing it to the tune of bingo was his name o)]