~35 Double Battle

:Okay Miku, try using a Tail Glow combo with Bubble.: I offered, testing out the combinations I could use with Miku for the performance round. My usual bad habit for waiting last minute for contest preparations meant I was perfecting my strategy only the day before.

The combination didn't work nearly in the way I'd hoped, the tips of Miku's antennae glowed with her Tail Glow attack but the Bubble attack that followed didn't glow in the way I'd hoped. Sighing softly, I ran through Miku's moves in my head again Bubble, Charm, Tail Glow and Supersonic. With Bubble being her only offensive move, she wasn't much of a battler but her combos didn't really work well either.

Watching as Miku chased after her bubbles, I thought of something new. :Miku use Bubble again, then Charm.:

Miku cried out eagerly, happily twirling around as she used Bubble when a pained scream from the distance cut her off, she tripped and fell face first into the dirt. I turned to where it had come from, calling out for my Pokémon to follow as I ran from my training spot. As I ran around the corner, trying to figure out what was going on I found the two trainers I'd met earlier at the Pokémon Centre were trying to force another kid into a trash can.

Without really thinking, I rushed from my spot and pushed back the older trainer with an angry squeak. Harrison, I think, stumbled back more to surprise of the shove then he did to my actual strength. Huffing angrily, I put my hands on my hips and attempted to make myself taller which didn't really work well considering my tiny size. Samurai teleported in front of me, ready to fight him off if he had too.

~You do really stupid things someimes.~ He huffed playfully but glared at both Harrison and Laura sharply, warning them to stay back.

"What do you think you are doing?" Harrison sneered, crossing his arms as his female companion attempted to push past Samurai. "Mind your own business kid."

Laura stamped her foot in irritation as Gummie moved in front of her each time. "Yeah, why don't you mind your own business?" She said, looking down her nose in disgust of me and my team.

:I don't like bullies.: I huffed to myself, not caring if Samurai translated or not.

Samurai turned his head slightly, watching both me and Harrison. ~I've got this Paige, tend to Jessica.~

:Jessica?: I turned to see the girl they were bullying was now on the ground, shaking like a leaf. Gardenia beat me to Jessica, consoling her gently while Samurai, Gummie and Angel fought off the two trainers barrage of verbal abuse. I knelt by my friends side just as Gardenia managed to remove the zip tie holding her wrists behind her back. My Gardevoir curled her lips in disgust but didn't make a comment on it as Jessica hugged me tightly.

"Thank you." She whispered, her voice trembling as she huddled close to me. I was only momentarily taken aback before hugging her back. I wasn't completely sure why she was shaking so much, it wasn't like being shoved in a trash can would have been particularly harmful - scary and humiliating - but not harmful. Although, my past experiences would have been very much different then Jessica's.

Samurai joined my side, having pushed off Harrison and Laura for the time being. Gummie and Angel hovered close by, Angel made small hums of concern while Miku hugged Jessica's leg in effort to make my friend feel better. Champ, as usual, cared very little and sat a ways off.

:Jessica, are you hurt?: Gardenia inquired, examining her wrists which had been bruised by the zip tie but were not bleeding.

The ravenette shook her head. "No, I just... I freaked out." Jessica let me go and wiped her nose with her sleeve. "Can you do me a favour and message my sister for me... She'll yell at me..." She sniffled, handing me her phone. I nodded and took it hesitantly.