~52 Double The Surprises

Leaf-tea-on Tea Shop turned out to be a quaint little cafe on the outskirts of Mossdeep City. Like Jessica said it was quiet and occupied only by the store owner and a few old people playing a game of chess - I'm no good at that game - and a younger lady who seemed to be pregnant reading a book by the window. A little bell above the door rung as our merry group of trainers entered and began looking for a table big enough for the six of us plus Samurai and Gardenia but we opted for two tables that sat four each and with the owners permission, slid them close together.

Jessica seemed to already knoiw what she wanted and made several suggestions. She leaned over me and pointed to a list of fruity teas. "I think you'd like these ones best Paige, they're sweet and taste a little like less-chemical cordial."

I chose Berry-licious and I swear the name had nothing to do with it. Jake and Milly were deciding between a few milky teas while N and Kay seemed to argue over which of their favorites were better, the way the two bickered all the time reminded me of the type of old married couples shown in movies - where you can tell that despite how opposed they seem, you know eventually they will make up and act as if nothing had happened. It made me curious how the two even started working together after I left Unova as the two hardly even talked at the time. Perhaps it was simply the mutual hatred for an organisation that brought nothing but pain to everyone we knew.

The tea, once delivered, was okay... not really my thing but I wouldn't mind trying a different one if we ever decided to visit a tea shop again. Jessica enjoyed herself, explaining how this was one of the few quiet places she could go in the City where other students wouldn't find her. N and Kay still argued.

Once everyone was finished and everything had settled, we all pitched in and left. "There's a field just this way." Jessica said as she nodded down the street and since none of us knew where we were going, we followed. Kay kept up a conversation with Jessica, talking sbout the different sights of the city as well as chatting about the different cities of Unova which Jessica seemed very interested in - asking if we'd ever go back. I felt the others glance at me as I shook my head, I had no plans of going back to the place I was born... not for a long time at least. I will admit there were a few things I wanted to do, I'd finally learnt were my parents graves were and even though I'd never known them, I think they would appreciate a visit.

The topic was thankfully quickly changed to everyone's favourite Pokémon, favourite Types and things like that. Mine was obviously Psychic, they could be quite chatty but I couldn't say my favourite Pokémon was, that would make my others feel bad and I loved them all so much.

The field chosen was close to the center of the City in a well populated area but was surprisingly, not in use. Since I would be apart of the battle, I returned my team, one by one so I could let out my chosen Pokémon at the same time as everyone else as a surprise. I shook N and Kay's hand as a sign of sportsmanship before taking the right side with Jessica and Jake took the stand as referee.

"One Pokémon per person, no substitutions, no time limit and civilian rules. On the count of three, release your Pokémon." Jake instructed. A small crowd had already gathered and I take note of the several school aged kids standing around giving particular attention to Jessica but she seemed to ignore them, Pokémon battles were her element after all. "One-- two-- three!"

:Okie dokie, gooo Gardenia!: I cheered, throwing her Pokéball high into the air, watching as it did it's little spin before opening and letting out my favourite Psychic/Fairy-Type.

Jessica simultaneously threw out her Pokémon whom I recognised as Gabby her Gabite without her even saying so. The little Dragon-Type looked around, a little dazed, staring up at the sky and pointing, cooing some things I couldn't understand because... well, it's a Gabite...