~43 'Kay now?

~N's pov~

Paige slept for almost two days straight. She didn't move much, her chest hardly rose and sank with her breaths. None of use spoke much, too afraid of disturbing Paige to try to start a conversation - not even Nichole disturbed her. Despite not wanting to admit it, we knew Paige didn't have long left like this. She needed medical attention. She needed food. She needed fluids. She needed love and attention. None of which she was getting.

I ran my fingers over my grass green hair before looking down the hall at the approaching guard - Nichole as usual - glaring at her with an intense distain. The younger trainer opened Paige's cell, entering it and walking to where Paige lay in the corner, nudging her with her foot.

Grabbing the bars, I kicked the metal in anger - why can't she just go away. "Get away from her! Leave Paige alone!" I demanded in a hushed whisper.

Nichole let out an irritated sigh, keeping her calm as she looked over at me. "Do you want her to die?" She snapped back, raising her chin a little as she did. "The Runt is already starving because of how little I'm allowed to feed her, she'd be dehydrated after sleeping so long, she most likely won't wake up on her own at this point because she hasn't had any water in more then two days - she's weak and exhausted. So, I'll repeat myself, do you want her to die?"

"No..." I replied dejectedly, gritting my teeth as I watched Nichole cautiously. The ravenette sat her up, frowning as Paige remained out cold as she did. Nichole reached into her pocket, the familiar mechanical whirring of the collar loosening slightly. Paige mumbled softly as the Team Plasma Elite shook after a moment of nothing. She stirred, not much but enough for her to flinch at Nichole's touch. She whimpered slightly, trembling fearfully but Nichole simply held the water bottle to her lips.

"I don't care if if you drink it or choke on it but I would suggest the former personally." She stated, giving Paige no more then a few seconds to wake up and process what was happening before tipping the water bottle up.

Paige moved quickly, using one hand to steady the bottle - she spluttered slightly at first but drank it down the water in slow gulps. Occasionally she's push it down to catch her breath but Nichole didn't let up until Paige had drunk the entire bottle at her own pace without choking.

When the bottle was empty, Nichole sat it aside before helping Paige lie back down. My pink-haired little sister pretty much went straight back to sleep, although she winced and whimpered when Nichole retightened the shock collar around her throat.

The hall door opened as Nichole exited the cell, locking it behind her - I noticed the brief look of concern flash in her eyes. Ghetsis walked down the hall as I gritted my teeth, this couldn't be good. He didn't acknowledge anyone as he entered Paige's cell, Nichole frowned but rooted herself in front of Jessica's cell - clearly she'd be of little use here.

I tightened my grip of the bars as Ghetsis nudged Paige with his staff. She let out a small whine but otherwise didn't move or make a sound.

Ghetsis grabbed onto Paige, picking her up by her arm, letting her kick and cry meekly but the weeks of little food, continuous beatings and relentless shocks from that stupid collar had exhausted her strength. She could hardly move anymore. Ghetsis held up her chin, forcing Paige to look him in the eye but she merely squeezed them shut instead. Paige gently shook her head, letting out a soft whine.

He smirked, playing with her bubblegum pink hair. I forced myself to bite my tongue - knowing Ghetsis wouldn't listen to me in I yelled and that it would do more damage for Paige then good.