~46 Safe Now Little One

~~~🌺~~~
~Paige's pov~

Muffled voices passed above my head, scratching nails through my mind. Stop that, that hurts. I thought, the nails merely dug deeper, squeezing my brain to the point I thought I may throw up - although it would most likely just be dry reaching, I hadn't eaten anything in longer then I can remember. The nails squeezed again.

I let off a muffled groan, hoping it would somewhat help ground my reality. Where was I? It didn't feel like a metal floor as I'd become accustom too, it was too soft. Was I dead? No, I hurt too much for that - waaaay too much. That, and I was hungry, a dead person would not be hungry.

~It's okay too open your eyes little one, you're safe now.~ A soft voice reassured, a gentle touch accompanying it.

Slowly, as not to worsen my headache, I opened one eye and peeped up around me. The light was blinding, my vision staticky, everything fuzzy. Gardenia hovered above me, a peach fuzz like effect dusting her edges - as if I were looking at her from underwater - she was smiling lovingly down at me, relief reflected in her pale red eyes. ~Good evening Paige.~ She purred, gently stroking the side of my head. ~My, this is the most awake you've been for a while.~

I shut my eye again, the light hurt my head. :Where are we?: Even in my head, my voice didn't sound like me, it was horse, tired - hurt.

~Lillycove City hospital. We arrive here two days ago, you've been sleeping for five - you've given everyone a bit a fight but the doctors removed you from the Intensive Care Unit yesterday, they said you'd be fine.~ Gardenia explained, continuing to stroke my cheek. ~You're safe now.~

:Is everyone okay?: I asked, even my head voice head coming out a whisper.

~Yes, Milly is with Mikayla and N at the police station and then they are going to get supplies since we exhausted what we had getting to Lillycove from the middle of nowhere. Jessica is with Jake having a talk in a crowded place somewhere with Jessica's sister.~ My Gardevoir spoke softly, stroking my head continuously as she explained where everyone was - wait a minute- why is Kay in Hoenn? I hate missing out on everything.

My heart leapt up my throat. :Nichole knows I'm here?:

Gardenia was quiet for a moment, her hand never pausing. ~Not exactly, she's been calling Jessica repetitively and eventually she caved and agreed to meet up her on the conditions she came without a weapon or her Pokémon, Jessica could bring a friend and Nichole returned her Pokémon to her. Since Nichole took them when we were taken, Kay wasn't able to get them when she got us. Everyone else is on standby just incase things go squewif.~

:So everyone's okay?: I confirmed.

My Gardevoir rubbed my head, messing my hair. ~Apart from your injuries, everyone was just tired and hungry. N had a few bruises but he'll be fine.~

:And what's wrong with me? If I slept through five straight days it must be bad. Am I gonna die again?: I shuddered at the thought, sending ripples of pain through my body, I wish the light was dark enough so I could open my eyes again.

~No, you're time will not be up for a long while yet little one. You've woken up a little here and there, enough to take food and water just fine and to be frank, a lot of it is simply heavy fatigue. You haven't slept much in three weeks, you weren't eating a lot and your body simply became overwhelmed with pain from a shock collar designed for larger Pokémon and harsh beatings.~ Gardian explained in a gentle tone. ~Other then that, you had a broken rib, three fractured ribs, two broken fingers, your throat is bruised, swollen a little burnt from where the shocks were administered and a mild case of arrhythmia.~