~45 A Sisters Oath

~~~Five day's later~~~
~Jessica's pov~

Staring at my reflection in a spoon before throwing a sideways glance as Jake who was sitting next to me. "Thanks for tagging along with me, both of you..." I looked over to Samurai sitting across the booth on a diagonal before looking out at the diner window, watching the heavy rainfall.

"As long as nobody is attempting to kidnap me again, it's no problem." He replied looking over the menu.

Samurai shrugged with a yawn. ~I'm curious as to how much of a threat you sister will be in the future, nothing more unless is gets violent.~ He replied. I felt a little guilty that Samurai was here with me and not with his ill trainer, hiding the guilt as I observed the bustling area we were seated. Paige had been almost completely unconscious since our escape, five days ago - three of which were in hospital where she was getting treatment for her injuries.

We were sitting in a small but very popular diner, all the tables were filled and a small line of people stood by the door, waiting to be seated - even in the pouring rain. The police station was also the next street over so this felt like the perfect place to have lunch and meet with my sister - who had been calling me non-stop since we escaped. I was nervous, to put it lightly. I owed my sister a lot, she did a lot to get me out of the house of my two drug addicted parents, she picked up a lot of slack my parents simply didn't want to take. I couldn't hate my sister, not after all her sacrifice for me. Besides, she had my Pokémon and I was beginning to get desperate for Megora's company.

The little bell above the diner's door rung as Nichole entered, pausing for a moment and observing the surroundings. She was wearing a tight-form fitting T-shirt, the slightly shimmery material drew the eye away from the bandage covering her arm. She wasn't wearing her trainer belt and it was the first time I'd seen her in skinny jeans. My sister held my backpack in one hand but other then that, her outfit was clearly chosen to show that she had come unarmed and that she posed little threat to us.

She came over to our booth, gently placing my bag in front of me before taking her seat next to Samurai. "Your Pokémon are in the front pocket. They were in my possession the whole time." Nichole promised as I checked  that my whole team were safely where they should be.

My sister remained quiet as a waitress stoped in front of our booth, smiling brightly. "Welcome to the Crystal Sabaleye if the whole party's here may I take your orders?" She asked.

"Yeah, 3 chocolate shakes, we're still deciding on food." Jake pipped up as he put aside the menu before anyone could turn her down. "Thanks." The waitress scribbled down the orders before prancing off with a smile. I could never work in place like this.

"I don't want anything." Nichole snapped, glaring at Jake as if to intimidate him.

"A diner like this, it would look disrespectful if we didn't order something, especially with a line of people wanting more then a seat." Jake explained as he gestured to the people waiting to be seated. "I'll pay if it's seriously that much of an issue."

Nicole pursed her lips but remained silent for a minute, her scowl never leaving her features. "So what's he doing here then?" Nodding her head to Samurai sitting next to him.

Samurai straightened up momentarily. ~To be blunt, nobody trusts you and I'm curious.~

"Don't you have your own trainer to defend?" She asked, glaring at Samurai harshly.

~I'm confident in Paige's safety with my sister,~ Samurai replied evenly. ~and if she's put in danger today, I'm going to blame you and cannot guarantee your head will stay attached to your shoulders if she comes to harm.~