13. Home Base

A/n:  warning. Heavy topic

Trinity's POV

My phone continued to ring and ring. I didn't want to answer it. I didn't even look to see who is calling me.

"Hello?" I answered the phone groggy. It was way too early but I guess it's important.

"Trinity! Jonathan is in the hospital. They have him on suicide watch. He tried to kill himself."

I sat up in my bed. I nearly dropped the phone. "What? Oh my god. When did this happen?"

"Late last night. They had to pump his stomach. He nearly overdosed." Josh informed me.

This is absolutely insane. I need to get home to see my husband. He really must be losing his shit. "I will get back home as fast as I can. I'm still in Vegas."

The phone went silent for awhile. "He's been asking for you all night and morning. He really needs you sis. I know he's done and said some fucked up stuff, but he needs his wife."

"Is he okay?" I know we've been through some shit, but I don't know what I'd do without him.

"He's stable but he keeps asking for you."

"Okay I'm going to the airport now. Thanks Josh."

"See you when you get here sis." We ended the call. All I could do is sit there. Did he do this because I left my ring? Is he afraid that I'm messing with Shane? It's so many questions that I'm not ready to hear the answers to.

Shane rolled over into my lap. "What's wrong Bunny?"

"I need to get home fast. My flight isn't until 3 p.m. My husband is in the hospital." I didn't want to go into too much detail.

"What's going on?"

"I can't go into details but I just need to get home." I climbed out of bed and grabbed my suitcase.

"We can go back to Orlando on my jet."

I nodded. "Okay, but I'm ready to leave now."

"No problem. We can shower on the plane. Let's go." He kissed me. "It's going to be okay. Don't stress out."

On the plane ride I just wanted to lay in bed. I wasn't in the mood to talk. I just laid across the bed. I couldn't fall asleep cause I was worried.

Shane came into the bedroom. "Baby..." he sat next to me and I couldn't believe how comforting he is to me. "Listen I don't know the details, but he's going to feel so much better when he sees you. Your smile lights up an entire room. Do you want to pray for him?"

I nodded. But, I couldn't remember the last time I took the time to pray. I love God and I'm thankful but with my work schedule I haven't seen a church in years. "I don't even know where to start."

Shane bowed his head and held my hands. "Dear lord thank you for waking us up this morning. God I ask you to touch Jon so that he will be healed. Give Trinity the strength as she needs it to get through today. In Jesus name. Amen."

His prayer was short and sweet. "Thanks baby. Didn't know you were religious."

"Me and the man upstairs have a relationship. I have to with so much going on around me. Let me know if there's anything I can do."