32. New Perspective

Trinity's POV

It felt familiar to lay next to Shane. I couldn't explain it, but I felt safe being so close to him. Everything about him felt familiar. There was a connection between us that I couldn't describe nor did I have reference too.

I didn't even have a connection to my own husband. I was recovering from my accident and Shane was there with me every single step. Constantly laying with me, checking on me, asking me if I was okay. Wiping my tears when I felt so frustrated I was in this situation. But, part of me felt guilty. He has a family and children according to Google. "Shane?" I whispered, we were laying in my bed and it was the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep, and I wasn't sure if he was still up.

"Yes, Trin." He said, in a low voice. Hopefully, I didn't wake him.

"I feel guilty. You've been going to doctor appointments and physical therapy with me."

Shane turned over in the bed. "Because it's a lot for your mother to do. No one else is here to do it."

I sighed. "I know but I still don't feel right about it. I'm depriving you of sexual needs. I know the way you explained it we had sex a lot. I don't know when I'll be able to give you that again. I've been feeling depressed lately."

"I know because you lost our baby. I owe it to you to stay by your side." Shane admitted, and that's when reality hit me. I was actually pregnant and although I don't remember. I feel this overwhelming grief of the lost of my baby.

"I'm also going through a divorce that I have no reculation of. It's just a lot." I started to cry. Shane pulled me into his arms, and I could not help but weep. I felt so many emotions and there were so many people coming around me that I don't know. But, with Shane I always felt like I knew him.

He didn't feel like a stranger to me. He always felt like home, and these last couple of weeks he's proved to me that he cares about me. It's been three weeks and I haven't heard from my husband. My mother thinks I should give Jonathan another chance. But, honestly I want to give Shane a chance.

Shane looked me in my eyes. "I am not going anywhere. Cry all you need to. You've been through so much and that's why I am right here with you."

Those were the words I needed hear. Those words sooth my soul to know that someone really and genuinely cared about me. "Thank you that's exactly what I need. I am going forward with signing my divorce papers. I will call my lawyer tomorrow." I said.

"If that's what you really want to do. I want you to be sure this is something you want."

I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "Yes, because that man does not love me. I haven't heard from him in three weeks. I am moving on with my life." I said. It was honestly for the best. I am not sure of all of the details, but I know there was infidelity from the court document I submitted before my accident. I just need to get it over with.

I got up to go to the bathroom. It took a lot out of me to even do this. But, I was gaining my strength back slowly but surely. Shane rushed behind me to help me. "I got it Shane.." I snapped, I hated that I had to be helped with little things. I should be thankful that I have someone so willing to help me, but it was frustrating. Having to depend on another one.

"Baby, it's okay." He said, calmly. He never showed frustrated or anger towards me no matter how much I acted like a baby.

Bianca's POV

"Trinity won't let me come and visit her since she's been home. You think Shane is brainwashing her?" I asked, my husband.

"Probably. I still don't trust him. Look, don't say anything but Steph told me he used to fuck Jackie back in the day." Paul said, always sipping some tea. I swear he always know everything before I do.

"Shut up! No way.. so he has a type clearly." I said, shaking my head. I wonder if I told Trinity would she care. Hell, she doesn't even talk to me forreal. She's been held up with Shane.

"Steph said he hasn't been home since Trin's accident. He's really risking it all for her."

"I just don't get why he wants her though."

"I mean don't be shady. The same reason why I wanted you when I was married. You can't help who you fall for." Paul said.

He did have a point. "I hope he's not playing her. She's super vulnerable right now."

"I know. But, despite my dislike for him. He does care about her. It's as clear as day. Her husband is trash though, I'd never make you have sex with someone for my job. It's my job to work for, not yours." Paul confessed. I couldn't argue with him anymore. He definitely loves her, but I want her to think he's going to leave his wife. We all know that's never going to happen.

"Stay out of it Binks. She's an adult." Paul warned me.