Alexander

"Mon ami, do you HAVE to go?" I pleaded to my friend, Marquis de Lafayette, who had been boarding the ship heading back to his home country, France.

"Desole, Alexander. Ma mere is very sick, and it concerns me. I will be back before you know I'm gone!" He reassured me. I, of course, knew this journey would take longer than the amount of time my (incredibly fast) brain would take to register his absence.

"Besides. The revolution won't happen in the month I'm gone. But no matter what, Alexander, it will happen. I need you to believe in that."

"Stop looking at me like that..." he mumbled, seeing my gaze at him soften, before my mind went back to the MONTH without Laf. His face lit up a bit as he got an idea.

"I'm going to write to you, and you're going to write to me, and you won't even notice I'm gone!" He got really excited, and I wasn't a terrible human being, so I nodded along and agreed to his master plan. Suddenly a bell in the distance started ringing, signaling Lafayette's boat about to leave.

"Au revoir mon ami" I said into his shirt, as he wrapped me into a bear hug. It felt as if I were being strangled, but I loved it, because it was the last time I'd see Laf for over a month.

He released me from his embrace, and turned to leave America. He glanced back, waved goodbye, and contained walking up to the top of the docking plank.

Behind me, Hercules Mulligan was looking out to the sea where Laf's ship was, his visage straight up depressed, while a bummed out John Laurens comforted him.

I walked towards them, ready to go to a bar and drown out our misery from the loss of the actual sun using beer.

"Let's go start counting down the days till he gets back..." Herc said, his eyes down, shuffling his feet to the entrance of the tavern we all had met at.

"Raise a glass" John half heartedly muttered.
I sighed, wanting to change their attitudes.

"Hey!" I yelled at them. They looked up at me slowly, their movements sluggish from the lack of a will to live.

"It's only a month! If anything, Lafayette would want us to PARTY while he was gone! Not mope around and wait for him to get back! We may have lost our favorite fighting Frenchman, but we still have eachother!" I told them, now standing on the table.

"And BURR!" Laurens yelled, seeing the aforementioned man walking through the entrance of the building. The moment he laid eyes on us, he froze in his tracks. The man then quickly backed up out of the doorframe, not even saying "hi" to us.

"Ok not Burr..." Hercules said, a bit more pep in his step. Obviously my wonderful speech had helped him cheer up.
*****
We sat around talking to eachother for the remnant of the day, about hotties we saw on the street, turtles, the proper way to sew, and other random things that came up. Like Samuel Seabury.

Basically I got in a huge debate with him when he told the town square that the "chaos and bloodshed was not a solution" even though England refused to lay off its fucking taxes...

I may or may not have been drunk, and gotten in a fistfight with him after he looked at me wrong when I was pushed down because of a stupid "message from the king".

If Lafayette were here, he'd've punched Sam long before Seabury personally insulted me.
*****
That night, John walked me home because I cannot hold my alcohol at all. He was a little tipsy, because for some reason god blessed HIM with the magical power to not get drunk easily.

"John" I whispered to him, my world spinning and my vision cloudy. I had a shit-eating grin plastered to my face, and I was leaning all my body weight on the poor saps shoulders.

Granted he was a little over average height, and I certainly didn't fall into that catergory

(I'm going by historical heights here)

"Yeah?" He said back to me, keeping walking, visibly eager to get me home.

"You're going as slow as those turtles you like" I said bluntly before kicking him in the shin (or the space around his general leg area) and hobbling away from him.

Being intoxicated certainly didn't help in the situation, because I immediately tripped over, and lied in the bushes while John cackled at me maniacally.

What a good friend he was. Especially since I blacked out, and the next morning was still in the exact same spot in the foliage as the night before.

"If Laf were here, he'd've brought me home..." I muttered under my breath, making a mental note to flip John off the next time I saw him.

"LAF" I shouted as I quickly tried to get up, suddenly remembering my promise to write. I, of course, regretted straightening myself up so quickly, because I immediately vomited into the bush by my right.

But through hard work and determination, I dragged my body to my front door, which actually wasn't that far from where I passed out.

My front door was locked, and I could not find my keys for the life of me. I am in the midst of a massive hangover and forgot to check my back pocket. Instead I decided to try to break down my door.

I ended up not breaking it, and falling flat on my butt, and then my keys stabbed me, alerting their presence. All in all I ended up being in immense pain all over my body.

But I got the door unlocked. Score.

The first thing I did when I got inside, was take a well deserved nap. A very very long, well deserved nap. Such a long, well deserved nap that by the time I woke up, the sun had moved in the sky from East to mid-West.

"Damn. I need to get up..." I mumbled, thinking about how much time I was wasting when I could be writing my letter to Lafayette. I heaved my body off my bed and made my way towards the supply of parchment, ink and quills.

Dear Lafayette,
I wrote.
Everyone has been completely miserable without you, mon ami.
Pure truth.
I punched a guy named Sam yesterday. He deserved it...
I giggled, remembering the memory.
I wish you were here. It's quite boring without a giant Frenchman walking around insulting people en francais.
I sighed, remembering the time he told a jerk noble on the street to "cassi toi"
I guess that's all for now. I miss you, Laf. Take care
-Alexander Hamilton
And with that, I sealed the letter in wax and dropped it off at the post station

1150 words