Alexander

1789
Dear Thomas,
I guess this is my last letter to you.
We had been writing eachother for years now. It was actually bumming me out to say goodbye.
I can't believe you're coming to America.
Wait I live in America
Maybe I'll see you!
Hm...
That sounds pretty creepy. I don't want to come off as a stalker.
God that'd be awful.
Uh but yeah. I hope-

*knock knock*
"ALEXANDER OPEN UP" I heard Angelica yell through the door.
"PEGGY AND JOHN JUST GOT BACK!" At the news, I shot straight out of my seat, immediately wanting to see my best friend.

I sprinted outside, anticipating their arrival 

In walks John and Peggy, him cradled in her arms, bridal style.

"'Tis I, the newlywed John Laurens, here with my bride, Peggy Schuyler Laurens!" He shouted, dropping from her arms. Next to me were the other two Schuylers, Maria (Eliza's girlfriend), Hercules, Lafayette (who had also just gotten back from another trip to France).

The revolution had ended. America was its own country. Washington was basically my father, and the president, I was the Treasurer, and life couldn't be better right now.

"Congrats John and Peggy. I hope you two live long and happy lives" George told them, patting John on the back.

They smiled and giggled, holding hands. Everyone gushed, because honestly they were so cute.
"Two things everyone!" Peggy said, standing up. She looked really nervous and excited. John squeezed her hand in encouragement.

"Today is the anniversary, of when John and I started dating. The very day that John almost died in that fountain. The very day that I fell in love with John"
At this everyone let out a chorus of "awwwws", and we heard one scoff from Burr. He was always really a Debbie Downer.

I remembered the moment we realized how worthless the doctor was, so we had taken matters into our own hands. I did my best trying to pump the water fro his lungs, while Peggy did CPR and Herc sobbed in the background.

"And number two..." Peggy started, bringing me back to reality.

"We're pregnant"

Everyone stood frozen in shock, before jumping up, screaming, jumping around the couple, laughing hysterically.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!" Angelica yelled. She had married some guy in London, and was visiting to see her family.

"We need to celebrate RIGHT NOW" Herc cried. And so we did. We had a massive dinner party, inviting all our friends. There Peg and John let everyone know the big news.

The day slowly turned into night, and everyone knows that the night is the best time to contemplate life, and fall into a pit of depression.

This had been happening more and more to me nowadays, and this time it was about how happy everyone was, in relationships. There was Peggy and Laurens, Angelica and... whoever the heck she married, Lafayette and Mulligan, George and Martha, even BURR had Theodosia.

I had nobody.

I looked around to see everyone laughing and cheering, raising glasses, their smiles shining bright like a thousand stars.

It went on like that for hours. Hours of nothingness from me. I honestly just wanted to work or something. Write, like I was running out of time.

I forgot to finish my letter to Thomas! People started to pack up, leaving the party. I was about to grab my coat from the chair when George stopped me.

"Son," he started, obviously expecting a response. He didn't get one, I was not in the mood to do any arguing.

"The Secretary of state is coming back from France tomorrow. Now I know you pick fights easily, and Mr. Jefferson is someone who will CERTAINLY have differing opinions than you" I sat and listened, waiting for him to get to the point. "So just, be nice. Treat him with civility"

He patted my back and walked away. I knew I couldn't promise anything, of course. If this "Jefferson" guy was as bad as Washington made him seem, there was no way I'd be getting along with him.

I started my trek back home, just wanting to lie down and forget the world. Sleep is a free trial of death that I often don't use nowadays, and it started to catch up with me a bit.

Walking in my doorway, I shrugged off my coat, left my shoes by the door, and leaped into bed, not even bothering to change.

I'd like to imagine tomorrow would be better, but I somehow doubt it.