Thomas

He didn't remember me.

My heart dropped.

My stomach flipped.

Everything stopped.

"Babe?" I whispered, my voice barely audible. He looked at me confused, then his face lit up. He remembered me?

"I'm dating you? You're so pretty!" He said, as my eyes flooded with tears. He didn't remember me.

"Oh" my voice cracked. Everyone could sense my pain, but Lafayette, lovely, lovely Lafayette, acted upon it.

"Why don't Alexander and I go... somewhere" he panicked, and pulled Alexander out of the room.

Then I started sobbing. I was immediately surrounded by my friends, but I would trade them all for Alexander in an instant.

Arrogant, obnoxious, adorable, intelligent, amazing, beautiful, Alexander.

"ALEXANDER!" I cried, throwing my head into my hands. I got their pity. I didnt want their pity. I wanted ALEX.

Alex was FINE until he got kidnapped. John Adams. He's the reason he doesn't remember me. That WIZARD-

"We're going back to the Belso" I said, standing up, and sprinting out the door. I ran past Alexander and Laf, and grabbed his hand, dragging him along with me as I made my way to the forest.

"Who ARE you? Where are you taking me?" He asked as I picked him up bridal style and carried him outside.

I stifled a sob, and tried to explain.

"I'm Thomas Jefferson, and I'm your boyfriend" I told him. He gasped.

"THE AUTHOR OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE?" He screamed, ecstatic about meeting his idol, apparently.

"We work together in Washington's Cabinet" I said, and he gasped again.

"What the fuck is a Cabinet?" And that's when it hit me.

He didn't not remember ME.

He didn't remember any events from before Washington was president.

"Yeah. America won the war" I said, and he pretty much screamed.

"REALLY? THAT'S AMAZING" he cried, and I realized how drastic the situation was. My pace sped up as I tried to get him to Belso faster.

*whooooosh the time. Where'd it go?*

I couldn't have gotten to the wizard fast enough. He looked beyond pissed to see me again, and I couldn't understand why. HE'S the one who failed to tell me about his severe memory loss.

"Fix him" I said, this time more sternly than earlier. He now looked shocked. "He doesn't remember me, Washington's Cabinet, or the end of the fucking war" I said, dropping Alexander onto the stump he was on earlier.

Belso was now scared?

Was he legitimately scared of me?

"Ok ok ok" he said, and knocked on a tree. Was he fucking with me? Was he messing with- oh the tree opened.

He was pulling ingredients out of the tree. He was mixing them in a large pot.

He was pulling a potion glass out of the tree.

He was bottling the potion.

He was force feeding Alexander the potion.

Alexander went unconscious.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" I screamed, seeing the man that I loved knocked out on the ground.

"It's COOL. He's just resting. Let the potion take affect" he said, putting the ingredients back into the tree. I sighed, and looked down at him.

"You're so cute when you're asleep" I mumbled, brushing the hair out of his face.

I noticed the Belso staring.

"Did you know he wouldn't remember anything?" I asked bitterly. His eyes widened, and he quickly explained himself.

"No I did not. I thought it was just a simple fever spell, but apparently it was a memory erasing spell" he said. "Adams is more powerful than I thought" he mumbled, shaking his head.

"Alright, well I don't give ANY fucks. I really just want him to be OK" I said, cradling Alexander's head in my arms.

"He'll be fine, kid" Belso said.

*skippity doo daaah*

Alexander hadn't woken up. WHICH WAS GREAT. just great.

"Babe?" I whispered. I had brought him back to our house, hoping he might wake up, but he didn't.

"Alexander please" I said, just as quietly. He didn't even move. A tear fell down my cheek, as I leaned down to kiss him.

His lips were soft against mine, which I already knew. I also knew he wouldn't kiss back, being completely comatose.

I knew his familiar scent of ink and wood.

I knew the familiar taste of his bitter coffee (I'm bullshitting my way through writing actual, reasonable, era correct literature. Who knows if they had coffee?) on his lips.

I knew the familiar feeling of him deepening the kiss, wrapping his arms around me- WAIT

I broke the kiss, much to my displeasure, but was immediately met with the face of my lover.

"Alexander!" I cried, hugging him close. He was AWAKE.

"Babe..." I choked out, too relieved to see him alive to speak a coherent sentence.

"Thomas" he whispered, reconnecting our lips. It was the best feeling in the world, having him awake and in front of me.

"I love you so much, Alexander" He laughed a bit.

"I love you too, Thomas"