Laurens

I looked down at Green. The little guy fit in the palm of my hand, and was eating a bit of lettuce that was held in my fingertips.

"Hey there Greeny. How was your day?" Unsurprisingly, it didn't respond.
"Wow you're so rude..." I glared at it. I was interrupted by a knock at the door.

I opened it to reveal a beautiful woman, with curly, long dark hair that went down to her collar bone, a red sleeveless dress that didn't cover her nearly enough.

"I know you are a man of honor..." her rich voice sang out, quite seductively at that.

"I'm going to stop you right there" I deadpanned. She looked surprised to see a man NOT instantly get turned on by her.

I gave her a soft, pitiful look.
"Let me introduce you to some of my friends, who could help you get out of this prostitution business you have going on" She was very confused, and honestly didn't look like she knew what was happening.

Before she knew it, I had dragged her out my door frame and down town to the Schuyler household. We were all good friends because Alex introduced us to eachother.

The trip to the town wasn't too long, but it dragged on for a while in the beginning when the lady was resisting.

I tried to make pleasant conversation.

"What's you're name?" That actually seemed pretty important to know, now that I think about it.

She hesitated before answering.

"Maria Reynolds"

Soon we arrived at the sisters' house.
*knock knock knock*

The door swung open to reveal Eliza, who at first looked pretty pissed to have someone interrupting her spa day, seeing as she had an avocado face mask on and cucumbers over her eyes, but when she could see, and laid eyes on Maria, she immediately pushed us inside.

I recalled Alexander telling me about how it had gotten annoying how often Eliza flirted with him, and I was happy to tell him it wouldn't be a problem anymore.

Eliza was totally pinning for Maria. I don't know how I could tell, I just could. Maybe it was her face, that was so red it looked like she spent 73 hours in the sun without protection.

Maybe it was how she was acting the same way I acted when I first saw Peggy. She was part of the reason I came here for help instead of anywhere else. I trusted Peggy completely. And I really wanted to see her, she's adorable.

"John, are you ok?" Eliza asked me. She had been talking to Maria about getting her situation fixed, and I hadn't been paying attention at all.

"Uh... yeah- yeah I'm fine. Totally awesome" I told them, holding a thumbs up. "On a completely unrelated note, is Peggy home?" Eliza gave me a knowing smirk and then sauntered upstairs, Maria in tow. I was left sitting on the couch in the living room, very uncomfortable, when I heard a loud
THUMP
Followed by another,
And another,
And another,
Until I saw a screaming yellow mass arrive at the bottom of the stairwell.

"She pushed me down the FUCKING STAIRS" Peggy tried to tell me in between gasps of breath.

I stared at her for a long moment. Then we both started to crack up. We were laughing so hard, we didn't notice her father arrive, walking through the door like he owned the place.

I mean don't get me wrong, he literally did own the place. It was the Schuyler household, after all.

His face was filled with rage. He was NOT a happy camper. I realized I was on the ground with Peggy, and he had absolutely no idea who I was.

Peggy was still laughing, and when her father looked at her, and then me, I prepared for the beating of a life time.

"Philip Schuyler. Nice to meet you son" he said, his face softening as he walked away.

I stared slack jawed at the spot he had just left.

Peggy took notice of my complexion, and realized what was wrong.

"You heard the rumors that he would flog any man that stepped foot on the premises, didn't you?" There was no denying that the first thought that came to mind when her father walked in, had been that rumor.

I nodded. She laughed a little.

"That was created by Angelica to stop dumb gold diggers from trying to get with us, only for the money" I nodded, her explanation making sense.

She suddenly got up off the floor, and brushed off her dress. I followed her movements, and we walked out of the house.

"Where are you taking me?"

"I'm about to change your life"

"That's pretty vague Peggy" I mumbled, having even less of a glimmer of an idea as to where we were going. She just giggled, and started skipping to her destination.

Five minutes later, we arrived at the town square. There, a water fountain was spitting water from the intricate fish heads, placed sporadically around the outside edge of the pool gathering the water.

"They finally finished it!" I yelled, excited that our gross, muggy, grey skied City would have a piece of art in the center.

"I dare you to jump in it" Peggy told me. I looked around, not wanting to back out of a challenge, but also not wanting to get in trouble if anyone of authority was watching.

I turned and saw a British guard holding a little girl's hand. She was disheveled and grimy, visibly homeless. In the hand not occupied by the large man, was a shiny red apple. Behind her was a fruit vendor. She obviously stole that apple.

The man pulled her in the direction of him, but she struggled, letting out a little yell. No one paid notice. Except me, of course.

I took a running jump, and dove into the fountain. It created a giant splash, and multiple people got soaked to the bone. The guard was sprinting towards me.

From far away, it was difficult to tell how menacing he looked. But when he was tackling you, it was easy to tell how incredibly big he was. Not fat, per say. Just a giant man. A giant man that was on top of me. Submerged in water.

It would have been difficult to breathe in the first place, with this hulking beast of a person sitting on my lungs, but when you added being completely underwater into the mix, even Jesus wouldn't have survived this.

I struggled, trying to get this guy off me, but to no avail.

Then the weight was completely lifted. Gone without a trace. I felt myself floating (or maybe not, I had begin getting light headed from my lack of oxygen), but never the less, someone was carrying me away from the pool of water.

I glanced back to see if the little girl had escaped the guards grasp. In the panic and confusion, she had grabbed three more apples when nobody but me was looking.

You go girl

I thought to myself, before everything went black.