Keep Kamber Here Committee

Maxon's POV
Mother and I walk down to meeting room 17B which is there for just royal family meetings.
"Remember always act normal in front of your dad. Also we need somewhere to hide her. We also need to let some of the staff know. It might endanger them but we can't let this girl go back to her home sick and untreated for." Mother said.
"We might not want to talk about this out in the open." I said to her and look around to make sure no one is listening to our conversation. And besides if one of the staff members heard they wouldn't dare tell the king.
"I guess you're right my son." She said my son in a proud voice. I've always knew my mother liked me more than my father liked me. Father just talks to me if there is a business problem he wants to talk to me about or if I make a bad move. But mother loves me though my ups and downs and she loves unconditionally.
There's a guard outside the conference room. I look at his badge with his last name on.
"Good morning Officer Woodwork." I smiled and he bowed.
"Your highness and your majesty." Officer Woodwork seemed a bit tense with opening the door.

When we walk in I hear sobbing. I walk in and see America crying in Lady Marlee's arms. Aspen. Was the first thing that I thought. America looked up at me and her eyes got huge.
"America. Lady Marlee. How are you ladies doing?" I Asked liked it was totally normal for them to be in a royal family meeting room.
"Good" America said and looked down.
"Your highness I'm so sorry for being somewhere I shouldn't have been. I'm so so sorry." Lady Marlee said and got up and she helped America stand.
"It's fine." I shrugged it off.
"We'll be leaving now. Thank you Your highness and your majesty." Lady Marlee's curtsied and looked at America to curtsy also.
"Oh Max- Prince- Your Maj- Your Highness. I'll be staying at the palace if it's still an option." America said struggling with what to call me. I was about to laugh but held it in.
"Yes that would be so nice of you. I'll let Lady Kamber know that." I said.
"Wait not to pry but huh?" Lady Marlee asked.
"Umm..." I didn't know what to stay. I wasn't going to tell Lady Marlee the state of being Lady Kamber was in.
"He's letting me stay so I can win over Aspen's heart when he gets here at the castle." America helped me.
"Yes. Umm that's right!!" I fake laughed and smiled at Lady Marlee. I didn't take Marlee for being dumb. But she didn't question it any further.
"Okay." Lady Marlee said and gave me a look that said I'm not going to question it but I know you are lying. I quickly looked away.
"So what are you two doing here...?" America started to ask but it just then hit her that this was our house and our family meeting room.
"I could ask you the same thing." I raised an eyebrow.
"We were Umm..."
"Just looking around the castle." America jumped in to help Lady Marlee out with her word choices.
"Yeah. Yes we were just looking around." Lady Marlee finished.
"And you just so happen to get into the royal family's meeting room? And just so happen to have sat down. And just so happen to have started crying about a boy?" Mom questioned them.
Hey I thought at least dad isn't here. He would have had a fit and kicked both of them out already. He would have also had them caned for even coming into this room. But I knew Mom would be more caring and respecting of it.
"How did you even get in this room. It's off limits to any others besides the royal family." Mom questioned and stated. I wondered that too. How did they get in?
"The guard let us in after we begged him and when he said no. Maybe we kicked him in the place the sun doesn't shine."
"Knee. I kicked him in the knee!!" America cut Marlee off.
"Any how when he leaned over whimpering we snuck in." Lady Marlee explained. Wow they were really good at making up stories right on the spot.
"Is that so?" Mom asked skeptically.
"Yup." America said. I could hear the waver in her voice. I was also surprised how un-formal she was to my mother. She spoke to Mom like a daughter would to her own mother.
"Wait Mom." I said and looked at her.
"Yes darling?"
"America. She is Lady Kamber's friend. Maybe she can help us." I state just to change the subject.
"No. No one is helping us Maxon." Mother said. "I'm not putting ourselves and this young lady in danger just so she can help us. It's too risky." Mom said more worry in her voice. She knew that if her husband. My dad. The king of Illéa. Were to find out that we were going against his orders, that he would have her caned or he would never trust her again.
"Come on Mother. America wouldn't tell a single soul if I can help it."
"Dang Maxon. I'm already keeping enough secrets." America said and plopped herself right back down in a seat and put her hands on the table and head in her hands.
Secrets? What other secrets would she be hiding? I asked myself. I looked over at Lady Marlee. Marlee was giving America death glares.
"America," Marlee said through gritted teeth. "I bet you have TONS of your OWN secrets that you have. But maybe one more wont hurt. Will it?" Lady Marlee said pinpointing America with her eyes.

America honestly looked beat. You could tell she was tired. She has been through a lot this week. With all the flying and the castle and Aspen and Kamber's Cancer. I pitted her for a moment. She is going through so much and all I wanted to do was comfort her. I wanted to tell her that everything was going to be fine and she'll get through it because she is the strongest women I know.
"Mom America could HELP us. She is very dependable and she can keep secrets and act like everything is normal. She is so close with Lady Kamber it would help us a ton. Lady Marlee could help too. I mean she basically already knows everything."
"Yeah I do know everything already." Lady Marlee said. I could tell this was a trick. She really didn't know but hoped someone would say something that gave it away.
I looked over at Mother. She sighed and closed her eyes and breathed in and out. Finally she opened her eyes and said "Fine Maxon. It's your choice in the long run. We can have the help of Lady Marlee and America. I also believe they could help us too," Mother looked at America and Marlee. "Welcome to the Keep Kamber Here Committee."

I hope you guys are loving the story!! Please like and comment what you think! What do you think the Keep Kamber Here Committee is going to do?