See You Again

(One Year Later)

America's POV

Aspen and I got married the one week that Maxon let him have away from the castle. After Aspen left I've been searching for a decent house with the income of Aspen's job and I have been working a little here and there to pay for some of my family's paychecks.

The royal wedding of Lady Kriss and Maxon is in a week and I got a letter in the mail it read.

I'm so so sorry America. When you left we forgot to give you a invitation to the Royal Wedding. We both hope to see you there!

Your friend, Maxon.

Inside held one gold colored invitation and some dates and times.

Aspen already basically had a invitation because he was going to be the best man at the wedding.

~•~

I get to the palace a few days early because Maxon wants me there. I walk in and almost nothing is different all that's different is that the things that were the same had decorations on them.

"America!" I hear a voice from the stairs and at the top it's Maxon. He runs down the stairs and then when he reaches the bottom he engulfs me in a hug. "It's been too long. How are you?!" He asks and looks me up and down and smiles.

"I've been great! So who knows that I'm here?" I ask. Maxon told me that I was a surprise.

"Well no one. Especially not my mom. She'll love seeing you! She missed you so much." Maxon tells me.

Queen Amberly and I have been writing back and forth and have been becoming great friends. She tells me how boring life is in the palace without me while I tell her about life back in Carolina as a two. I also tell her some troubles that the lower castes are having so she can help in anyway possible.

"Ohhh that's so sweet I missed her so much also. Talking face to face and writing are two totally different things." I laugh a little. "So when do I get to see her royal majesty?" I ask and Maxon laughs.

"Soon enough I promise. For now come with me and I'll take you to your room. I also have a surprise waiting for you there." Maxon said with a glint to his eyes.

Maxon takes some of my luggage and helps me. Now that I know the castle like the back of my hand from being a selected it doesn't seem quite as big. Maxon and I caught up on the walk to my room. When he stopped by a door I was taken back. It was the same room I used when I was a selected a year back. It brought lots of memories flooding back.

"Awwwe Maxon you didn't have to keep me in the same room!" I gush at the thought that he remembered where I was put when I was a selected. Oh the good old days when I still had my other half.

"Of course I did. I knew how much you loved this room. Well any room here." He added the last part which made us both laugh.

"I did. I really did. Wait! Does this mean the same maids are still at the same rooms?" I ask anxiously.

"Darn America!" Maxon says and he looks sad for a bit. "That was my surprise for you! I knew you were pretty close with your maids so I made sure they are helping you once again." He smiles and I can't help it. I take him into my arms and hug him. "Maxon. You really are the best! que ferais-je jamais sans toi?" I said quickly not realizing I switched to French.

"Haha well you wouldn't have this room again I'm guessing." Maxon laughed and hugged me back.

We go into the room and it looks the same besides some different flowers but besides that it was the same. Two girls come rushing out to greet us. "ANNE! MARY! You all are here! I can't believe it! I've missed you all dearly!" I scream. I can't help it I've missed so many of the people here at the castle. The two of them helped me get through when Kamber died. I still think about her everyday and everyday I think about her less and less. I don't know if that's good or bad.

"America! You're here already!" They say together which was kind of scary but I didn't care we all met in the center and hugged each other like we were long lost sisters.

"Wait." I say stepping back from the group. "Where's Lucy?"

"Ummm. We don't know." Anne said and shrugged. I knew she knew and it hurt a bit to know that she's lying to me.

"You do know! I know you guys too well and I know when you are lying to me. Now tell me where she is and stop lying please!" I beg of them.

"America. Please let's not talk about this-" Mary says and sits down on the bed and then Anne sits down.

"Maxon do you know where she is? She's dead isn't she! Omigod you didn't tell me. Why?" I started to tear up.

"She's not dead. She's still in this palace. Just we don't know where she is." Anne came up by me and rubbed my back.

"I'm going to go find her." I say and rush out of the room.

"No America please just stay here! Don't go I bet she'll be here in a few..." I couldn't hear Anne's voice anymore because I was too far away. I ran through the halls and looked everywhere.

I looked through almost every room and called her name sometimes. Finally I looked behind me and Maxon wasn't there. I just noticed that Maxon stayed with the two maids. I slowed my walking and I was about to round the corner when I heard talking.

"When will you tell her? I don't want to hurt her. She's my friend." The girl's voice said almost trying to whisper. That was Lucy's voice! I wondered who she was talking about. Is this why the other two were acting strange because Lucy was seeing someone and she didn't want to tell me yet?

"I promise when she gets here for the wedding I'll tell her. I don't want to hurt her either. I've loved her for so long and I still love her. Just maybe in a different way." ASPEN! That was Aspen's voice. What were they talking about.

I couldn't hate hearing anymore. "What the heck are you two talking about?" I ask rounding the corner.

Hello! I hope you guys are liking the second part as much as I do so far!! It's so fun writing this part. What do you think Lucy and Aspen were talking about? What will America say?

Please please comment what you think I love reading the comments and responding!! Also give me some ideas I can choose from! Also please vote that would mean so much to me also.

Next post will be on 5/26/18

Spoiler: Back to Maxon's POV. Queen Amberly finds and Kriss find out America's here.