Tug My Ear Whenever

Maxon's POV

Dinner soon comes around and I still haven't seen America after she left her room. I stayed and talked to the maids for a little bit and then left.

(Flashback a couple hours)

I'm walking down the halls just thinking to myself and just enjoying the peace and quiet. I haven't had much time like this ever since Kriss started living in the palace.

"Sweetheart!!!" I voice sang behind me. Speak of the devil she's behind me. I turn slowly and put a fake smile on my face. Of course she wouldn't know what my real smile was like because I seemed never to smile when she was around.

"Hello my dear!" I said normally and she jumped into my arms. I almost dropped her because I wasn't ready to catch her.

"How's my amazing man doing?" She asked and tried to kiss me on the lips but I moved my head so the kiss was on the cheek instead.

It was like she didn't even notice that I moved because she hopped out of my arms and then looped her arms with mine.

"Let's talk my darling." She says and starts walking forward. I have to follow because I didn't I knew she would probably pull me.

"Ok what do you want to talk about?" I asked curiously.

"Our future together. You know number of kids, our honeymoon, etc." She says and smiles up at me.

"Ok. You start because I know you, you're probably going somewhere with this." I say and look down at my shiny black shoes.

"Ok so I've always wanted just two kids. A boy and a girl." She starts.

"Dear I don't think we can control that."

"Well if not we WILL adopt. I want the boy to be exactly two years older than the girl. The girl can not. I repeat CAN NOT be older than the boy." She says sternly.

"Kriss. We don't control what gender our baby is. Like I have mentioned to you before we can't adopt. The baby needs to be blood related to get the throne." I state for the umpteenth time.

"I know I know but once you're king and I'm queen we can change that! Can't we?" She says eagerly.

"No. We can't. It is stated in the Illéa declaration all the rules that we as royal can NOT break. If we break them then it will go to my cousins. You don't want that do you?" I say and I know that will get her to shut up about adopting and all this "boy need to be two years older than the girl" and all that crap. I know she only wanted me for the crown. Basically every selected besides America did.

"Fine. We will talk about this later my dashing prince. Now I got to go. I have a tea party I have to attend with your mother." Kriss says and walked away from me without a kiss. Thank the lords.

(Flash forwards a couple hours. Present time.)

I sit down at the table in my seat between my mother and Kriss and across from me is dad. This was the time where I told everyone that America was here. America would be joining us for dinner with Aspen.

I hear a knock at the door. A sign that America and I practiced and discussed before hand. I stand and clear my throat. All the six eyes are on me.

"Hello mother, father, my dear Kriss" I choked out her name. No one knew besides me how much I wanted to say America instead of Kriss but things were what things were.

"Hello!" They all said cheerfully in reply.

"So I have a surprise for you three that I'm guessing only one of you is going to be happy about." I warn them. My mothers smile dims and so does my fathers. My father gives me a disapproving glare while Kriss just smiles her burg off sitting there. Oh Kriss if you only knew. I thought to myself. "America. Please come in!" I yell loud enough for her to hear me.

She comes through the door. I see her maids have put her into a beautiful maroon dress that is fitted till the hips and then just fans out around her and stops just below the knees. Not a royal gown just a beautiful dress. I smile at her but her eyes are elsewhere. Where was Aspen? I asked myself.

"America please sit. Aspen can sit across from you by Kriss." I say and round the table to pull out her chair for her since Aspen wasn't there.

"Aspen won't be coming to this dinner." She said quickly and straight to the point.

"Oh. Is there something wrong?" I ask and look at her worriedly.

"No. Everything is fine. He's just really busy that's all. It will just be me tonight." She says and give everyone a fake tight smile.

"America! I've missed you so much! You brought so much joy into the castle and you always brighten up the place." My Mom says and hugs America tightly. I hear Kriss stuck in a breath when my mother said that.

My mother never really liked Kriss. She always tried to act happy for me and Kriss but her façade faded after a month or two with Kriss being here. Kriss always tries to get some personal time with mother. Thy never get close like America and my mother. All I know for certain is that Mother will never love Kriss the way she lives America. Same goes for me.

"So America. What brings you here?" Kriss says with a tight pulled back smile. I could tell she was trying to hide her disgust for her.

"Actually Maxon wanted me here before everyone else. Something with... what was it? Oh yes. Helping him with the wedding." America smiles. She knows she will always have the upper hand when it come to Kriss.

"Oh. Maxon. Darling" she holds that word out for way too long. "Why wouldn't you tell me, you soon to be wife! About that sweetheart" Kriss gave me those puppy dog eyes but now they also had daggers shooting at me.

"I thought it would be a nice surprise." I say innocently. "Darling." I add on at the last second. I look over to America and I could tell she was bitting her cheek trying not to laugh.

"Well maybe next time you should have asked me. K sweetheart?" Kriss says raising her eyebrow at me.

"K. Next time though." I say and wink at her which makes her mad.

I look over to America one last time before they bring our food out and she tugs on her ear. I of course tug on mine.

Hello!! How are you guys enjoying the book? I hope you love it!! It's so fun to write. What do you think America will tell Maxon? How will Kriss take on Maxon's attitude? Also I totally forgot if I remembered to put the tugging ear thing in my story!! Sorry if it didn't happen. If it did forget this but if it didn't please pretend like it did!! I'm just so all over the place and sometimes I don't remember what I've put in and what I haven't. Also I've had a problem where I mean Kriss but I put Kamber. So if it says Kamber while I mean Kriss just forget it or comment and I'll make the change right away.

Next time I'll post will be 5/28/18

Spoiler: what happened between Aspen and Lucy and America?