Kriss's coronation (pt1)

Kriss's POV

This is it. I'm going to be queen. I will have all the power. I will be an amazing queen. If I really wanted I could kill off Maxon and then I'll be the only one in power. Just me.

I'm getting ready in my room with my five maids helping me. Only a few people know about my fake pregnancy. My maids being five of them. I have five maids because I'm special and I get more people to boss around. After today I'll have a whole country that will bow down at my feet. Literally!

"Ouch. Try not to poke me please." I say and roll my eyes. These are sixes. Shouldn't they know how to sew? Or more importantly do their job?

"I'm so sorry Lady Kriss." Maid 6 said and got back to work straight away.

"You mean your Majesty." I correct her. I might not be Queen yet, but they should get used to the title. I mean they will be using it for a long long long time.

Maxon's POV

Now that I know about the Law that my mother passed when she was queen I suddenly felt lighter. I added a bounce in my step. I knew what I had to do. I need to expose Kriss for who she really is. A liar and a rebel and a gold digger. I got my mom in on it. We were going to make sure Kriss will not be queen. Ever.

I'm in Jermey's room getting ready for the coronation.

"So what's your plan exactly?" Jermey asked and fixed his tie in the mirror.

"When they ask if anyone objects to the crowing of Kriss I will stand and tell everyone who she really is. I have the divorce papers signed and ready to go once the coronation is done with." I explain.

"Smart! Who else is behind you in the stand against Kriss?"

"Well hopefully you, my mother, once I stand I'm hoping to get America, Kriss's maids, and other people who hate her as well."

America's POV

Aspen and I are both getting ready for the coronation of the devil. We already have signed the divorce papers and now we just need to get everything finalized.

"So what are you thinking about?" Aspen asks me while I adjust his bow tie so it's straight.

"Just how the country is going to go downhill once this monster is crowned Queen." I laugh with no emotion.

"Yup. I can't believe I'll be working for this women in the next few hours. Maybe I'll quit." Aspen suggests.

"Well That does sound nice I guess. You won't need to actually risk your life for that tyrant," I say and think about his suggestion.

"America?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you take the crown if Kriss and Maxon weren't a couple and he asked you to be his queen?" Aspen asks me with his head cocked to the side like a lost puppy.

"Maybe. I would need to think about it, but if Maxon would be by my side and he would want me by his, then yeah it would be a possibility I guess. Aspen, lets be real that is never going to happen." This time I laughed with a reason. It was a wild thought. Me? Queen? Yeah no.

Aspen and I make our way down the hallway to the throne room. It was decorated in the Illéan colors and the flower of Angles. The room itself was beautiful. We sit down in the fifth front row so we can see everything. Maxon is up in the first row twiddling his thumbs and talking to his parents.

He looks more nervous than I thought he would look. He looks like he is going to die soon. Which having Kriss as Queen might be so. In a mental sort of way. But their marriage sealed the deal for Kriss being the future Queen.

There are reporters in some of the back corners covering the coronation and Kriss's parents are up in front as well. They look smug and proud. They knew that this was all going good. They will soon be the parents of the Queen.

Maids were up by the thrones polishing them and adjusting the plants and straightening out the already straight aisle. They too looked frantic and scared like Maxon. Just in a different sort of way.

Trumpets played signaling it was time for the ceremony to begin. The priest who was crowing Kriss looked so bored. You could tell in his eyes he thought this was a big waste of time. He had a point. This is going down in history for the worst crowing of the Century. Never mind. Worst crowing of the entire human race. This was all a big mistake. 

The double doors open to reveal Kriss. I take in her shimmering gown. She is showing off way too much skin for my taste and in my opinion looks like she should be going to a strip club instead of her own coronation.

I hear gasps from the crowd and the reporters talking into their recording devices and motioning to Kriss's dress. Kriss smirks and walks gracefully up the aisle and looks at the crowd of people. Her eyes stop at me and I see her smile falter a little bit but she moves on. Once she is in line with the first row she smiles at her parents and Maxon get's up to join her side.

She intertwines her arm with his and he leads her up the steps leading to the thrones. All the talking from the reporters stop and everyone just watches. Maxon moves behind Kriss and nods at the priest.

"Today we are gathered to witness he crowing of the new Queen. Kriss Ambers." Cheers erupt from the crowd and soon quiet down again. I am frozen. I don't cheer for her. I don't boo for her. I do nothing.

"Kriss Amber, will you do everything in your power to protect Illéa and will you always put Illéa before yourself, will you bring justice to this country, and will you always help this country when in need, and finally will you love this country and its citizens forever and always?" The priest asks her.

I knew with every ounce in my body she would not do any of the promises she said she would.

I belong up there. I should be by Maxon's side. Not Kriss.

I looked down. I couldn't watch it. It hurt too much to know I will never be with Maxon.

"I promise I will." Kriss's voice echos against the walls.

"Does anyone object to this crowing of Kriss Amber's?" The priest asks the audience.

The audience is silent till one voice rings loud and clear.

"I do."

How was this chapter? Did you like it? I need to quick finish this up!! Please please comment and vote!!

I will post again on 8/5/18

Spoiler: the 2nd part of Kriss's coronation!!