Chapter 2

|Tray|
I took the car ride as an opportunity to grill Airi and ask her all the questions I wanted to know. To be honest with you I was feeling Airi the first day we met and the whole gang could see it. We vibe so good and she's just a great person to talk to and be around, I wanna make her mine but what if she don't feel the same ? What if she only look at me as a brother ? Here I go overthinking again like I always do. I was snapped out of my thoughts by someone calling my name. "Tray..Tray Tray." I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Airi smiling. "What's wrong you looked so focus." Airi asked me laughing. Her smile did something to me I mean it was so beautiful. I smiled back taking my eyes off the road for a quick second to look at her. "I was just thinking..but I have a question for you if you don't mind" I said focusing on the road. "Ask away." She said shrugging her shoulders. "The first time we met..when me and Gilly went back to Atlanta did you miss me at all ?" I questioned praying she would say yes. "Well of course I missed all of y'all." She said looking at me. No Airi don't give me that look I thought to myself. "But you missed me more then anybody else, right ?" I asked her with an eyebrow raised. She giggled and smiled a little bit before replying, "Of course I missed my Tray Tray more." She said cupping my face. I couldn't help but to smile super hard this felt so right. "But since you here now I can have you all to myself, ain't that right Tray Tray." She said grabbing my hands. "Oh my god. I don't know what you got going on Airi but you can't do this to me while I'm driving." I said looking at our hands then back at the road. "Okay fine." She said removing her hand from mine. "No, no." I whined grabbing her hand again. "That's what I thought." She said laughing. After what seemed like forever we pulled into her moms driveway. "Need my help with anything ?" I asked turning off the car. "Yea could you help me get some of his stuff and car seat ?" She asked shyly. "Of course." I said before getting out the car and running to the other side to open her door. "Thank you." She said stepping out and grabbing my hand leading me to the doorstep. I waited as she unlocked the front door, I followed behind her into the house. "Mommmmmm I'm here !" She yelled loud as ever. "Damn Airi quit yelling." I said covering my ears. She was about to respond with something smart but got interrupted by her mom, "Girl I'm right here why you yelling Airionna ?" Her mom asked coming out the kitchen. "Oh hey Tray ." She said smiling as she hugged me, "Hey." I replied hugging back. "Y'all two look like y'all getting along real good." Her mom said looking at me and Airi still holding hands. I didn't even realize we still had our hands intertwined . I quickly snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Airi tell her mom we were just friends as she let go of my hand. Just friends ? I thought she was feeling me. Why was she so quick to let my hand go ? Was she embarrassed of me or something ?