Chapter 11

|Airi|
"Thank you for making me feel so confident about myself." I thanked Tray as we laid back in my bed. He always reminds me how beautiful I am and how I don't need to change anything which are things I struggle with. "That's what I'm here for. I wish you could see everything from my eyes." He replied. "Aye lovebirds it stopped raining so we going to the mall." King said barging into my room. "Dang you don't know what knocking is anymore ?" Tray questioned getting up from the bed. "Oooo y'all was laying together. What y'all was doing ?" King asked with a goofy smile on his face. "What y'all was doing ?" I mocked in his voice. "We was minding our business go get you some." I smirked shutting the door in his face. "We get no privacy in this house." Tray said laughing as he put his shoes on. "We really don't." I said walking into the family room. It was true we get no privacy here. If me and tray even look at each other or even sit by each other there's s camera in our face. It doesn't really bother us though anyway after everybody decided who was riding with who we made our way to the mall. I rode with Gilly and Tray of course while everybody else rode together. "I'm bout sick of you two flirting. I'm always third wheeling." Gilly said shaking his head interrupting me and Tray conversation. "Where's Maria ?" I questioned. "I had to kick her to the curb for a little she wasn't being faithful." He said texting. Me and Tray looked at each other and couldn't help but laugh. "Yo it's not funny." Gilly responded. "Gilly man have girl problems." Tray laughed pulling into the parking garage. "Chris let me find you a girlfriend. A real girlfriend." I suggested as we all got out the car walking inside to meet the others. "I don't know about that." He replied shaking his head. "Pleaseeeee she'll be cute, nice hair, nice personality all that." I begged. "Okay fine. You can do it." He agreed. "Do what ?" Corey asked. "Airi gonna fins Gilly a girlfriend." Tray said laughing. "What about Maria ?" Nique said confused. "It's a long story." Chris answered. "Well me and Carmen going to the food court." Corey said walking away with Carmen. "We'll be in footlocker." King said pulling Nique away. "Looks like y'all stuck with me." I said smiling hard. "Don't be taking us to every store. So where to first ?" Gilly asked. "H&M so let's go." I said dragging them to the store. "What you getting from here ?" Tray asked throwing his arm around me. "Im not sure. I think I just want some jeans." I said looking through clothes. As I was looking I seen Gilly out the corner of my eye looking at the cashier as he stood at a different rack. She was a pretty girl, mocha colored skin, long hair, and she looked thick. "Tray look at Gilly eyeing the cashier." I said picking up jeans to try on. "Obviously he like what he see." Tray said laughing. I laughed a little and grabbed his hand walking towards the fitting room. "I'll wait out here." Tray said. "Boy come on I just want you to tell me what you think about these jeans." I said pulling him into the room. "Stop acting like a kid Tray." I said unbuttoning my pants as he covered his eyes. "Okay what about these ?" I asked twirling around. "Too tight." He responded shaking his head. "Tray they not even that tight." I said with my hands on my hips. "Try to squat." He demanded. I did a squat and looked at him. "Not even tight." I said laughing. "Fine I like them." He gave in. After I finished trying on all the jeans I went to go pay as Tray stood by the door with Gilly. I took this opportunity to hook Chris up with the cashier. "Hello, did you find everything okay ?" She asked smiling showing her pink braces. "Yes thank you." I replied. "Your total is $43.81." She said bagging up my stuff. As I put my card in I decided to get straight to the point. "Hey not to get all in your business or anything but do you have a boyfriend ?" I asked her. "Nope I don't. What makes you ask that ?" "Well see that light skin boy with curly hair over there by the door ?" I asked taking my bags. "Yea I see him." She said smiling. "That's Chris and he agreed to let me find him a girlfriend since he's the only single one in our house. I seen him eyeing you down and was wondering if you wanted to get to know him a little bit." I explained. "Sure why not. I'll give you my number." She said writing her number down. "I'll text you and you can come over or something." I said taking the paper. "Oh I'm Taylor by the way." She said holding out her hand. "Nice to meet you I'm Airi." I said shaking her hand before leaving. "Bout time it took you forever." Gilly said. "You should be thanking me I saw you eyeing the cashier so I got her number for you. Her name is Taylor." I said giving him the paper. He took the paper and had the biggest smile ever on his face. "This why you my bestie." He said putting his arm around me. "Watch out nigga. What you got going on." Tray said pulling me away from Gilly.