Chapter 12

|Gilly|
I was so hype Airi got that cashiers number for me. We just got home from the mall and I sat on the couch typing Taylor's number into my phone ready to text her. I stopped and just looked at her number, I wasn't nervous but at the same time I was. I haven't been in a serious relationship since me and Tray became well known when I did try to have a serious relationship she turned out to be a clout chaser. Taylor looked innocent though maybe she's different. "Man just text her." Tray said sitting next to me. "I am nigga I was just thinking." I replied. "I know what you was doing. You was thinking about the girls in yo past that tried to use you for clout. You can't think every girl is like that, you gotta give people a chance." He said turning on the PlayStation. He was right I can't keep thinking every girl I come across is a clout chaser. "You right I'll text her." I said typing on my phone. After about 5 minutes the message said "read" and the bubbles popped up indicating she was texting back.
Chris: Hey Taylor it's Chris from the mall.
Taylor: Airi friend right ?
Chris: Yep that's me.
Taylor: Oh heyy lol wyd ?
Chris: Nothing chilling, you ?
Taylor: Same. I just got home so I'm just relaxing.
Chris: I didn't get to talk to you at the mall so I think we should get to know each other or something.
Taylor: Lol you didn't talk to me but I heard you was eyeing me 😌
Chris: Airi got a big mouth 😂 you was probably eyeing me too.
Taylor: Boy please you was eyeing me first lol but I take that as your way of inviting me over or something ?
Chris: So now you read minds 🤨 but yea that was my way of inviting you over so you can chill with me.
Taylor: Just send me the address and I'll be there in like an hour.
Chris: Bet.
I jumped up from the couch scaring Tray as I start dancing. "Yo nigga what the fuck you doing jumping up like that and shit." Tray said holding his chest. "Taylor coming over." I said dancing. "Tuh you're welcome Gilly." Airi said walking in with her arms crossed. "Thanks Airi." I said doing our handshake. "Why everybody so excited ?" Nique asked walking in. "The girl I hooked Chris up with coming over." Airi said sitting next to Tray. "Yea so don't embarrass me." "Boy you gon embarrass yo self." Carmen said laughing with Nique. "You not funny." I replied going into my room.
|Tray|
I was happy my bro was finally giving somebody a chance. Gilly just went downstairs to let her in the house and I honestly couldn't wait to meet her. I sat on the couch next to Airi as we all waited for Gilly to come back. "I miss Dan." Airi said laying her head on my shoulder. I could tell she was sad and probably on the verge of crying. She's been reading negative comments lately and it's not doing anything but stressing her out. "Aye y'all we'll be back." I said taking Airi hand going into me and Chris room. "Why we come in here ?" She asked confused. "You've been letting these negative comments get to you and it's stressing you out." I replied. "Everybody thinks I'm a bad mom cause I never have Daniel here with me. Just FaceTime calls. Maybe I am a bad mom I mean I feel like one." I couldn't believe the words that were coming outta her mouth. Airi is a great mother and everybody knows that. "You go and see Dan and spend time with him when you can. You are not a bad mother Airionna don't ever say that again. Just because you don't have him in the camera every time he comes over does not mean you don't spend time with him. You know the truth and Dan still loves you that's all that matters at the end of the day." I said wiping the tears that slowly escaped her eyes. "Yea you're right." She agreed. "Come on." I said taking her hand going back to the family room. When we walked in I saw a mocha colored girl sitting next to Gilly assuming it was Taylor. She kind of reminded me of Airi. Smooth mocha skin, long weave, and she was thick. Only difference is she had braces. "Hey Airi." Taylor said hugging her. "Hey Tay." Airi said hugging her back. "Oh Tay this is my bro Tray. Tray this is Taylor." Gilly introduced us. "Nice to meet you." I said shaking her hand. I didn't do hugs especially not in front of Airi she don't play them games. We all talked and chilled for the rest of the night getting to know Taylor.