Chapter 30: Putting On Shirts Has Always Been Optional

30. Putting On Shirts Has Always Been Optional

I looked at them, not really knowing what to say. My eyes landed on Kyle.

"You told them," I said softly. "You promised you wouldn't and you...you told-"

"Kyle didn't tell anyone anything Khalan," Austin interrupted firmly.

"I did."

Renée.

"I went up to our room to get my phone charger," she said softly. "And I accidentally knocked over your purse. Guess what fell out."

"I...I.."

"It doesn't matter who told us Khalan," Shayley said sharply. "Just answer the question. Are you supposed to be taking these?"

"Shay calm down," Liam said.

I knew this was a touchy subject for her to deal with. That's why she was the last person I would have wanted to find out.

I felt a tear slip down my cheek. "Look, you don't get it, okay?"

"What's not to get?" Jess asked softly. "Khalan you're clearly not okay. Let us help you."

I wiped the tears. "I want to be alone right now."

"Khalan," Kyle called after me.

I just turned and went back out onto the patio, sitting on the steps leading to the backyard.

I sat outside, thinking about how much I've messed up. I felt a presence beside me. I knew it was Shawn, but I didn't look him in the face.

"I'm worried about you Michaels, you know that right?"

I didn't answer.

"That's a first," he continued with a chuckle. "Usually I'm the one with the stuff to deal with."

Still nothing.

"Are you okay?"

I shook my head. "I wish I was."

"People struggle with things like this all the time," he tried to console. "You'll get through it too."

I stayed silent again and he went on.

"I want to make this, make us work Princess, I really do, but if you have to take time for yourself then I completly under-"

"What?" I asked softly. "No, no Shawn."

"You need to accept the help Michaels," he said. "There are a lot of people that care about you. You can't just push everyone away."

A tear slid down my cheek and I inhaled deeply. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay," I said.

He nodded. "That's good."

"Just promise me one thing," I said, leaning onto his chest.

He wrapped his hand around me tightly. "Anything."

"Don't leave. Just...don't."

He planted a kiss on my forehead. "I'm here Princess, always."

After he sat there with me for a few minutes he got up and stretched out his hand. "You can sleep in my bed tonight...if you want."

I chuckled and accepted. "Sure."

Everyone else had already gone to bed. I wasn't surprised. We were all mentally tired. When we got to his room I realized I was still in my swimsuit with the shorts I wore later on and towel. Shawn chuckled and opened up a bag, throwing me a shirt.