Chapter 16: The Next Level Of Psychopathic Bitch

16. The Next Level Of Psychopathic Bitch

I was sitting by myself on a bench outside the school doing some reading.

"Khalan," Renée called.

I looked up. She had a satisfied smirk on her face as she pulled Kyle by his arm. This girl was something else.

"Um...hi?"

I was very uncertain of what was happening here.

She huffed. "Well I found out why he's going out with Denise. Kyle, care to explain?"

"Renée I told you," he said. "I can't tell anyone."

"You told me," she said.

"Because you forced it out of me!"

I stood up. "Okay, I don't even want to know how you did that, but seriously Renée, I'm okay. I don't need an explanation."

She chuckled. "Yeah, but you're going to get one."

"Renée-"

"Either you tell her or I will," she interrupted Kyle. "Either way she's going to know brown eyes."

Kyle clenched his fists. "I did it to protect you."

"What?"

"Denise she...she has a photo."

"A nude one," Renée clarified, her voice softening. "Photoshopped with your face on it."

"She threatened to spread them unless I went out with her," Kyle finished.

Them? There's more than one?

I was speechless. Disgusted, unable to comprehend her level of monstrocity.

"That bitch."

"My words exactly," Renée said.

"Okay," I said. "Well we can do something right? Why didn't you just take it to the authorities?"

"What's the point? She'll still ruin your life anyways. I wasn't going to watch that happen."

My heart warmed. Despite everything Kyle was still a sweet guy, and that wasn't going to change.

"Besides," Renèe grinned. "Where's the fun in that?"

"I'm hoping you have a plan or something."

She smirks again. "Oh I do."

Yup, definitely something else alright.

************

"What did you get for number seven?" Shayley asked as she unconsciously chewed on the end of her pencil.

"Not there yet, still working out six," I replied.

"Jess, Austin?" she asked to no avail. The two were snuggled up together on my couch looking at something on his phone.

She rolled her eyes. "Why bother?"

I snickered. I watched them though, they seemed happy. Why couldn't I have that? With Shawn it just seemed like one round of war after another.

"Well I better get going," Shayley announced. "Jess, do you still need me to drop you off?"

"Oh, yeah," Jessica replied, snapping out of her Austin filled trance.

"Why in such a hurry?" I questioned.

"I have to babysit my brothers tonight," she answered. "Of all things."

"Speaking of which, where were you last night? I called a couple of times."

"Oh, I was with Shawn, Jacob and Liam."