CHAPTER 13

TALIA

His words echoed in my head, over and over till I had nothing else to think of. 'Only around you' is a short phase that clearly had the effect on me. I didn't understand it at first but my mind managed to create certain thoughts and scenarios all night long. Soft breathy snores filled the room and I couldn't but stare at his relaxed form, his curved lashes fanned his cheeks, his sharp clenched jaw nowhere to be seen; instead a fading stuble could be certainly spotted from this angle. A bit uncomfortable it was but the fear of waking him up kept me steady in my place.  Hesitantly I traced my unsteady fingers slowly and effortlessly on his face, like a blind woman. I wanted to memorize those features that I might never see this close up again. A grunt escaped his chapped lips, his bulky arms stretching widely and I couldn't move to prevent him touching me. He opened his eyes and I hurriedly removed my frozen fingers.'Oh God'  I said to myself as he opened his bright mixed eyes. 'It's breathtaking.' I thought again. My wet tongue moved on his own as it wetted my dry lips. I tried to move, to leave the warm bed but I couldnt, I felt trapped.

"Like what you see?" He asked in a throaty raspy voice, his lips turning into a grin and a machiveious look in his eyes. 

"N-no." I stammered, damn Talia it's one word.

"Come on princess, admit it, I'm hot," he said confidently.

 I scoffed, a better thing to do instead of stammering on one word. 

***

"Can I help?" I asked as I entered the kitchen spotting Joseph flipping pancakes effortlessly. I moan at the smell mentally tasting the sweet chocolate chip. 

"Just sit down," he commanded and I just followed his word. 

"What do you wanna do today?" he asked me placing the plates in the sink.

"Let me," I say pushing him aside with my shoulder.

"You don't have too,"

"I know, b-but I want too,"

"So tell me what do you wanna do?" he asked again pushing himself up, placing his body on on the kitchen countertop.

"I-I don't know, what do you wanna do?" I answered back with a question unable to find a suitable answer.

"I have work today, I'll be gone for a few hours, I won't be home until midnight, you mind staying alone princess," he asked concern filling his voice. I nodded at first trying to shake the name he chose to call me with. 

"N-no I'll b-be f-fine but-

"But what princess?" he cut me off immediately. 

"Do you trust me staying alone?"

"Yes princess, I do,"  he paused  "But I don't want you to stay alone, if you won't feel fine. Will you be okay?" he completed.

I dried my hands as I looked at his face and for a moment I wanted to hug him tight, the amount of concern he's showing me makes me feel safe, protected and secured. 

 "Come with me," he ordered. I followed him wordlessly as he unlocked the door, asking me politely to stay outside. He disappeared inside for a good five minutes before he came back holding a wooden box, it looks old yet modern. 

"It's just a gun." he calmly said and his pacified tone did nothing to my racing eyes and panicked form, I gasped loudly in horror as I took a few steps back. 

"Hey, shh it's fine." he tried to soothe me. Covering the space I just made. 

"Why d-do y-you e-even h-have i-it?" I whisper shouted.

"To keep me safe, princess," he said amusement filling his eyes.

"From?" I asked still trying to understand what we're talking about.

"I can't answer that princess, but in case anything happens don't even hesitate okay? Use it. Just- be careful," he said letting out a heavy breath, stepping towards me planting a soft kiss on the top of my head.

  For the next thirty minutes Joesph was guiding me, showing me how and when to use the harmful metal. My heart raced rapidly and I couldnt but hold my breath every time he made me hold it on my own. I hope I don't end up being a criminal tonight.

********

Joseph left an hour ago, leaving me alone with Ben & Jerry Caramel ice-cream and some of his tasty pancakes which are enough to ease my mind for a while. I had nothing to do for the night but alzilly plant an ass print on his comfortable couch. I almost finished a whole season of the T.V series and my food supply was now gone! Completely. 

2 hours Later 

The fading noises from downstairs work me up, my still blurry vision did nothing to help me, my heart skipped a beat, what if someone is here to kill me as Joseph said. Was the only thought that came to my mind as I stretched my arms under the pillow searching for the cold gun. I held it with shaking hands taking my time with each step, reaching the living room the sounds became louder, my heartbeat increasing with every movement. 

"I'll kill you, Get OUT!!" My cracky voice echoed through the dimmed room and I did nothing more but to pray, maybe it's just a dream.                                                                                                                   

 But  loud deep chuckles filled the eery atmosphere,  the figure turned on the light givig me no time to adjust to the sudden change, my eyes colsed on their own until I was able to slowly open them. I exhale loudly as I dropped the gun, my shoulders sagged as I saw Joseph standing with a huge grin. 

"It's just me princess," 

"You scared me - OH MY GOD!" I gasped closing my mouth with both my hands when I had a clear look at his face. 

**************************

Thank you for reading :)

Please don't forget to vote and comment on anything.

Follow if you didn't follow yet. :)