chapter two ▬▬▬ cold floor

━━━━━ ELLIE WALKED THROUGH the glass door of her bookstore, shutting it behind her

━━━━━ ELLIE WALKED THROUGH the glass door of her bookstore, shutting it behind her. She turned to the door, locking her bookstore up, turning away from the store she walked to the end of the street waiting for Charlie to pull up. Twenty minutes had passed, Ellie waited in the frigid soggy weather, looking up from the ground she watched as Charlie's car pulled up to the curb coming to a stop.

Ellie walked over to his car and opened the door, stepping into the car she buckled herself up. Pulling the hood of her head she turned to look at Charlie. Ellie smiled at him as he smiled back at her, pulling away from the curb he started heading towards the direction of the hospital.

"Where are we going, Charlie?" Ellie asked unsure why they were driving down the road that led to the hospital. He continued to stare at the road thinking of a way to tell Ellie that Bella was in a tiny car accident at school.

"Bella was in a car accident, I called Renee before I picked you up and told her what had happened," Charlie explained as he turned into the hospital parking lot.

"Is she okay?" She asked as she looked at Charlie waiting for an answer.

He looked over at her, briefly nodding his head answering her question. Pulling into a parking space he turned off his car and exited out of the vehicle. Ellie followed behind Charlie, shutting the door behind her, pulling her hood back over her head as the cold air hit her face. She caught up to Charlie, the two of them walked through the sliding glass doors of the hospital. Charlie walked up to the nurse's station, asking where Bella was located.

"Bella!"

A sigh of relief washed over Charlie and Ellie when they walked through the doors to see her sitting on one of the beds getting checked on by Jackie. She had been working at the hospital since Ellie was a kid. She had been the nurse that had kept an eye on her while she received a small check up after the car accident.

"You okay?" Charlie asked looking over at Bella, she nodded her head slightly watching as Charlie looked over at the kid sitting next to Bella. "You and I are gonna have a talk." He pointed at him, causing the teen to panic. "You alright?" Charlie asked his daughter.

Ellie came to a stop on the other side of Charlie with her hood now off her head. She looked at Bella scanning to make sure she was okay.

"I'm fine dad, calm down," Bella stated looking over at Ellie who held her hands up.

"I'm sorry Bella, I tried to stop," Tyler said, butting into the conversation between Bella and her father.

"I know, it's okay," Bella assured him. Ellie looked between the two as they talked back and forth about what had happened. Dizziness filled inside Ellie's head, causing her to pull her hand up towards her forehead and rub it. But, she knew that that was the route of the problem.

"No, it sure as hell is not okay," Charlie said. Ellie looked at Charlie smiling at his protective side.

"Dad, it wasn't his fault." Bella reminded him, hoping he could forgive Tyler for something that he really had no control over.

"You could've been killed. You understand that?" Charlie asked her, making it clear.

Ellie looked over at Tyler as he looked at them waiting for something else to happen. She understood what was going on, however she didn't want to say anything.

"Yes. But I wasn't, so..." Bella looked over at Ellie with pleading eyes hoping that maybe she could convince Charlie to back off Tyler and the whole situation.

"You can kiss your license goodbye." Charlie pointed at Tyler.

Ellie moved over to her, the protective father placing her hand on his shoulder, he looked over at her smiling slightly. Ellie looked over at the doors, as they were pushed open by a doctor with blonde hair, piercing eyes, and pale skin.

"I heard the Chief's daughter was in." Dr. Cullen spoke as he walked through the door.

"Ah, Dr. Cullen," Charlie said as Dr. Cullen continued to walk towards them.

"Charlie. I got this one, Jackie." Jackie handed the charts over to Dr. Cullen and walked away from the group. "Isabella." Dr. Cullen said as he looked through her charts.

"Bella." She spoke, correcting the doctor.

Ellie looked over at the doctor looking closer at his features, she watched as he talked with Bella about everything that had happened. He briefly looked over at her, a small smile inserting onto his face. It's like time slowed down, and they were the only two standing in the room.

Something pulled Ellie towards the doctor but she wasn't entirely sure what was happening. The last thing she remembered was staring at Dr. Cullen before falling down to the cold floor. The darkness filled her eyes as she slowly closed them, but one thing remained in her mind... who was Carlisle Cullen?