chapter eleven ▬▬▬ moonlight

━━━━━ THE MOONLIGHT FILLED Ellie's room as she sat by her window reading the book about telekinesis that had fallen off one of her bookshelves earlier that night

      ━━━━━ THE MOONLIGHT FILLED Ellie's room as she sat by her window reading the book about telekinesis that had fallen off one of her bookshelves earlier that night. Not sure why it chose to fall, she still took it to do research on the book.

Growing tired she closed the book standing up from the chair, heading over to her bed she placed the book on her night stand. Setting her alarm she climbed into bed under the covers closing her eyes. Waking up the next day Ellie stayed home as she didn't have to go into work.

The best part about owning her own store was making the hours. So she decided to get changed and go out for a run. Walking out of her room she looked into the kitchen seeing Charlie and Bella talking.

"Hey guys, I'm going for a run. I'll be back in a bit." She said, waiting for them to respond.

"Alright, be safe." Charlie responded.

Ellie nodded her head, walking over to the door she opened it up. Lifting her head up she saw Carlisle leaning on the hood of his car.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Ellie asked as she ran over to him.

"I just came to say hi before I go to work and I wanted to see if you needed a ride to work, but by the looks of it you're going on a run." Carlisle responded looking at her running outfit.

"Oh, yeah. I'm not going to work today, I have some research to do." Ellie told Carlisle half lying.

"Okay, well I guess I'll get going." Carlisle said, walking over to the passenger side.

"Go save some lives." Ellie replied, lifting her arm up. Carlisle smiled at her, shaking his head back and forth.

"I will do that." He stepped into his car just as Charlie came walking out.

She smiled as Carlisle drove away heading to work. Charlie stopped next to his adoptive daughter looking over at her.

"What was Dr. Cullen doing here?" Charlie asked her.

"Um, he was here to see if I needed a ride to work. I guess he was going to drop me off." Ellie explained, stretching out her legs.

"You two seem to be getting closer." Charlie said, noticing the relationship between them.

Ellie smiled looking down at the ground. "Yeah, I think he's the one. The one I've needed in my life." Ellie told her father.

Charlie couldn't help but place a smile on his face. "Good, I hope he really is the one. I like him." Charlie said, walking over to his police car.

"Thanks Charlie, glad I have your approval. I'm gonna go on my run now." Ellie said, turning away, beginning to run.

She ran into town heading out making her way to the graveyard where she could hopefully talk to her parents. Slowing down she began walking as she gained her breathing back slowly. Walking past the gate she headed down the aisle making her way over to her parents gravestones. Sitting down in front of the two she began to move the leaves and sticks out of the way.

"I miss you guys so much. I think I'm gonna go to New York for a bit, maybe visit all those places we used to visit. Maybe I can take Carlisle with me, but in the winter time when the sun isn't out as much. You guys would like him, he's really sweet and caring. He's also a doctor and a foster father. He's also really adorable." Ellie said, looking at her parents' names.

Standing up from the graves she decided it was time to head back home and do some research. She looked around, noticing a figure in the distance. Panic built up inside her causing her to run away, she looked back to see the same figure following after her.

A sudden impact caused her to fall down to the ground, looking up she saw a man slightly taller than Carlisle standing in front of her. She watched as a hand came down in front of her. Ignoring the kind gesture she stood looking back behind her to see if the figure was still there, not seeing anything she turned her head to face the person who helped save her life.

"Hi, I'm Ellie Newman." She said, holding her hand out.

The figure smiled, and graciously accepted her hand shaking it. "Max. Max Uley." He responded.