chapter sixty ▬▬▬ the treaty is void

━━━━━ ASTRID AND MAX both ran outside of the Cullen household shifting into their wolf form and heading into the woods

      ━━━━━ ASTRID AND MAX both ran outside of the Cullen household shifting into their wolf form and heading into the woods. They slowly stopped for a brief moment howling, once finished they picked up their pace and headed further into the woods until they came out by the road. Continuing to run they crossed the road heading to the other side of the woods.

"We can not allow it." The voices of each wolf from the pack echoed in both Astrid and Max's house as well as Jacob's.

The wolves called out Jacob's name, and Max's, Sam seemed to be mad that his cousin had lied to him about his whereabouts. The two continued to run down the hill until, passing through another set of trees they ran down another hill, soon running off the second hill. They moved past the logs that were piled up to be cut and they followed the path until the caught up with the rest of the pack.

"Is it true, Jacob?" Paul asked, jumping over the logs.

"What will it be?" Quil proceeded to ask him, but it was also directed towards Max and Astrid.

"It's growing fast." Paul said, his eyes on Jacob, Max, and Astrid.

"It's unnatural." Leah said, causing both Max and Astrid to exchange a look with each other.

"Dangerous." Jared said.

The three wolves were in the center, while the rest of the pack circled them.

"Monstrosity." Quil spoke.

"An abomination. On our land." Paul told them.

"We can't allow it." Jared told the three.

Max and Astrid lifted their heads seeing Sam on top of the logs. Soon the rest of the pack including Jacob looked up towards Sam.

"We have to protect the tribe. What they've bred won't be able to control its thirst. Every human will be in danger." Sam informed the wolf pack.

"We're ready." Jared said.

"No time to waste." Leah said, scrunching her nose.

"Now?" Jacob questioned briefly looking over at Max and Astrid who seemed to have the same look on their faces too.

"We must destroy it before it's born." Sam told him.

"You mean kill Bella, and Ellie?" Seth asked, concern evident in his voice.

"They're choice affects us all." Sam told them.

"Bella and Ellie are human. Our protection applies to them." Jacob said, walking towards Sam.

"They're dying anyway!" Leah shouted, snarling her teeth.

Jacob pounced forward and attacked Leah, throwing her to the ground. Sam snarled back causing Jacob to pull off of Leah and look at him.