•Chapter 31•

Excuse any mistakes

Bryson Pov

"I don't wanna go" I said

"So why are you in my car?" Eric asked as he drove towards him and Kayla house. Today was the 4th of July and they were having a cook out with everyone. I didn't want to go because I knew Laylah was going to be there but here I am in this car on my way there.

"Because i'm a dumbass" I said truthfully

"You got that right. You know you wanna see Laylah" I cleared my throat and gave him that look because Amber was in the back seat. Eric didn't want her to come but I insisted that she come.

"No I don't. The only person I want is Amber" I half lied

"Awww" Amber cooed and kissed my cheek. Eric made a puking noise causing me to laugh.

"Whatever" Eric mumbled. He wasn't very fond of Amber. It was pretty obvious.

"Who is gonna be there?" I asked as I scrolled on my Twitter.

"The usual crew. Kc,Swan,Geff, Tyriek, Quan. Some of Kayla friends. Their kids and my kids and I think that's it. You should've brought Harley"

"I know but you know how her mama is. She wanted her to be with her for the holiday" Eric smacked his teeth and shook his head.

"I don't like that hoe"

"You don't like none of my exes" I chuckled

"Yes I do. I like Laylah" I rolled my eyes. The whole ride he has been bringing up Laylah. Amber smacked her teeth. I could tell she was getting annoyed and Eric knew it too because he was smiling.

"I know Eric. Can you stop talking about her?"

"Oh I'm sorry am I bothering your queen?" He asked referring to Amber

"Yea you are" Eric smacked his teeth

"Whatever"

The rest of the ride was complete silence. It was better than hearing Eric talk about Laylah the whole time. About 10 minutes later we made it to his house. I could smell the bbq from here. I saw kids playing with sparklers and running around the yard. There were cars parked all the way down the street. I knew the house was gonna be full when I walked in.

We got out the car and I grabbed Amber's hand and kissed her cheek as we walked into the house.

"Ayeee!" Swan yelled as he chased Kyle around the house "Give me back my chicken leg mothafucka!" Kyle smiled evily and ran out the door with the other little kids.

"Don't call my son that!" I heard Kayla yell from the kitchen. I laughed and saw everybody sitting around the house. I walked in the kitchen with Amber and Eric.

"Hey Bryson" Kayla smiled and gave me a hug and just looked at Amber before saying a simple hi. "Took you long enough"

"I know" I laughed

"Baby can you take these outside to Quan" she passed Eric a pan full of ribs and kissed his cheek.

"Where my niece and nephew at?" I asked

"Well your niece is sleep as usual and your nephew is outside with them kids"

"How old that lil nigga is now?"

"One. He gone be 2 in a couple months."

"Damn" I sighed. They growing up fast. "Imma go outside with the guys babe" I kissed Amber cheek and walked towards the front door where all the other guys went. The music was playing loud as hell and the kids were spraying each other with the water hose.