Chapter 14

"Harry? You lied to us!" I exclaimed. 

"Why did you lie to us?" Grace asks confused, as we all stared at him, waiting for him to explain.

"Look, I had my reasons, okay?" He said not looking at us. 

"And where were you Jenny?" I ask her, my worried face returning. 

"With Harry." she mutters, looking at the floor.

"You could've at least answered my calls, I was genuinely afraid that something happened." I said my tone increasing.

"Beth, Why do you care where I went with my friend? I can't always do what you want me to! It's always about you, isn't it?" She yells at me, making me stunned at her outburst.

Everyone remained silent, as I stared at Jenny.

"I never make you do what I want to. Don't you dare accuse me of that. I was just worried about you since no one knew where you were!" I yell back.

"It's none of your business, bitch!" She blurts out, almost immediately regretting it, her own eyes widening.

I huffed, pushing past Niall and Liam, marching back to my own house.

My eyes were filling up just at the thought of what happened. 

Why would she say that?

"Beth!" Jenny called out, but I ignored her.

I opened the front door, slammed it causing Jake to stop talking on the phone and mom to jump, startled.

"Beth!" she said, as I mutter a sorry and rush up to my room. 

As I reached my door and open it, Jake messages me from downstairs:

j: Want to talk?

Me: I could use a friend. Yes please.

The next thing you know Jake enters the room, with Niall  following him. I sighed, falling back dramatically on my bed. 

"You guys talk, I'll be downstairs." said Jake and walks off, shutting the door behind him.

"What do you want." I muttered to him, as he sat down beside me.

"I don't know why she said that, you both are really good friends." he said resting a hand on my leg, comfortingly, "and I know you're always there for reach other."

"But," I said, gulping down the tears, "what did I do to deserve those harsh words from her?"

"You know no matter what she really loves you, right? Shes your platonic soulmate." Niall said, his hand moving up to my head, playing with my hair.

"Do you know how I got your number in the first place?" he asked, making me shake my head no.

"She rushed back right after you guys left the first day we met, and cut through the line again saying she forgot to get her phone back from me, only to ask my if I wanted your number, which I immediately agreed to by the way." He said chuckling, before moving closer to me.

 I smile, but a tear decided to fall from my eyes now. I sniffled, looking down at my hands.

"Just give her a chance, bub." He said, reaching out to wipe away my tears. I leaned into his hand, still sniffling. He gave me a hug, making me cuddle my face into his chest.

"Oh, and I yelled at Harry and Jenny for lying. I told Jenny that you were worrying about her that's why you were so angry. You don't deserve the names she called you." He said, making me smile despite my tears. I sigh into his chest, his arms still wrapped around me. I felt so safe.

"Thank you." I whisper into his ear, as he hummed pulling me even closer into the hug.